DM800 Clone Remote Problem Fixed

There are 2 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 3,139 times. The last Post () by master G.

• Official Post

I posted yesterday about the poor performance of the remote for my dm800 pvr clone remote.Today i programmed the remote to operate the tv and noticed it had no problems controling the tv from the other side of the room so decided to take a look at the ir inside the box and found the problem.
    What i found was a flap of black plastic behind the ir window covering 90% of the sensor.This was part of the front panel plastic so basically the panel had not been trimmed of excess plastic when it came out the mould.I removed the excess plastic and put everything back together and the remote is now functioning as it should.
    Beer1

I hope this helps somebody in the future as i was ready to spend money on an original remote which would not have performed any better.

• ten what a great post think i may attempt this i have the same problem seems i have to aim the remote higher than the box
    its so annoting some pictures would also be great

• Official Post

ten what a great post think i may attempt this i have the same problem seems i have to aim the remote higher than the box
    its so annoting some pictures would also be great

I did not post the pics i took at the time because they were not very clear but if it helps here they are.

This window circled should be see through

This is the plastic piece that was covering the window.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!