Clear Channel List & lamedb..

There are 7 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 9,871 times. The last Post () by abu baniaz.

• Is there an easy way to clear all channel lists & lamedb file on VU+ solo2 running ViX?
    I want to do blind scans on a few sats and have a clean lamedb file for each scan..

Im not sure if its as simple as deleting the lamedb file & all bouquets from /etc/enigma2

All your problems have been solved countless times before so try the search box before you post!!
    Please do not Request help by PM, use the main forum so Everyone can benefit from the answers.

Edited once, last by thatfellow ().

• No steve, cos its the main box for the kids n missus.. Ill try tonight when the coast is clear...
    Not sure if I should clear the lamedb file or delete it but Ill do an image backup & have a play tonight..
    I was hoping there was an option in ViX to wipe all channels & clear lamedb...

All your problems have been solved countless times before so try the search box before you post!!
    Please do not Request help by PM, use the main forum so Everyone can benefit from the answers.

• That works , just save them to the pc with dreamset , delete and write them back when you are done scanning , tested it to make sure it wasnt bad advice , but i just loaded catseyes and ran amb again

Edited once, last by stevejo ().

• Official Post

Worth bearing in mind that channel details are kept in memory so mereley deleting may not be effective as they may be written back on restart. Some bouquets (owing to names) are not recognised/replaced by programs such as Dreamset.

Try following telnet commands one by one.

Code
    init 4
    rm -rf /etc/enigma2/lamedb
    rm -rf /etc/enigma2/*.tv
    rm -rf /etc/enigma2/*.radio
    init 3

Worth bearing in mind that channel details are kept in memory so mereley deleting may not be effective as they may be written back on restart. Some bouquets (owing to names) are not recognised/replaced by programs such as Dreamset.

Try following telnet commands one by one.

Code
    init 4
    rm -rf /etc/enigma2/lamedb
    rm -rf /etc/enigma2/*.tv
    rm -rf /etc/enigma2/*.radio
    init 3

Thankyou, I will try that

Just use the "clear before scan" option in the blindscan plugin, thats what it's there for.

I did that the very first time I attempted this, that only cleared the "Last Scan" folder. Al bouquets and entries in lamedb remained..

I attempted to delete the full contents of the enigma2 folder & do a blind scan but on completion & restart, the new lamedb file still contained entries for 28.2 & slyuk after a blind scan for 16.0E for example.

I also un-installed catseye settings, cleared the enigma2 folder & restarted & did a blind scan of 16.0E but I still did not get a 16.0E only lamedb file..

Is there some kind of backup built into ViX to prevent the lamedb file from being cleared & repopulated with scan results?

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!