Sling box help

There are 7 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,872 times. The last Post () by smash.

• slingbox (reciever) needs to connect to another slingbox (server) otherwise there´s nothing to watch..
    An androidbox with a flashplayer and xbmc installed would probably serve you better,
    only my opinion of course...

• I've had a Slingbox HD and was very disappointed. No, it just moves the signal it receives into on the internet, then you should play it in a SlingPlayer. So direct answer, no you should see the same program everywhere.
    Purchase a Enigma2 box and steam from it instead. It works much better here and costs less.

• Enter the box's IP address in a browser, navigate around there and use the icon view TV.

If you want to do it from the WAN, you must route the ports in your router, and of course, enter your WAN address in the browser.

• I had no problems with it.
    I was just very disappointed with it and the features.
    For example it is very cumbersome to have to set it to the correct remote control and had to remotely control the other end with a viatuel remote. It is also slow and I had the biggest HD model.
    If you need dne to steaming a satelite box is much better to buy an Enigma box and control it directly mentioned. In my opinion.

• I had 3 slingboxes and ended up giving them away, you can set them up with people on placeshifting but in the end it just sucks :79: if you use sling player apps its frustrating from the lagg. you can hack the FW on them tho but even still whats the point heh.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!