My £70 motorised satellite setup

There are 2 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,743 times. The last Post () by rojer.

• Hi all,

I’ve been on this forum for a while but haven’t really (due to lack of knowledge) been able to contribute much. Therefore I thought that I would post some photos of my £70 motorised satellite setup with the hope that it might encourage others to put their own up.

The background to the setup, is that I spotted a – poorly described – motorised second hand satellite on fleabay being offered by a zero feedback seller and won the auction for a mere £45. The setup included a 0.8m Satellite dish, motor, pole and brackets. When I turned up to collect it, it seemed that the deal also included a Spiderbox which the seller hadn’t mentioned in the listing!
    I decided to invest in a new Inverto Octo LNB at £25, therefore a grand total of £70.

As I’m re****ting the house, I have laid twin cable across the house, in fact the WF100 cable has cost more than the rest of the setup put together!

bb69

• nice find ¬ a great introduction to motorised satellite for that price ! Problem is you might get hooked ! Keep searching out those bargains for a 1.1m dish next :tinfoil:.

78cm dish on tm2300 metal gear motor + 1m Orb with tm2300 + 1.8m Channel Master on H-H floor mount + 80cm ISS with TM2300 AND Inverto Black LNB,inverto Unicable QUDL 42 LNB,- Global invacom Dscc LNB,- Triax KA LNB, - Yuri LNBF C Band YLF-CDP16C

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!