My First Set-up

There are 25 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 7,118 times. The last Post () by B@ndit.

• Hello All,

This is my first set-up using a Linux Receiver with a Motorised Dish.I have only recently got into this kind of Satellite Receiver but am enjoying every bit of it.Many thanks to everyone here who has given me help or advice on here.

I have a Qbox Mini HD twin tuner connected to a Triax 110cm Dish with a Technomate TM 2600 motor and a Technomate Twin LNB.

I have now changed the Qbox to a Vu+ Duo.

I have setup at the minute,

Astra 28,23.5 & 19 E
    Eutelsat 16 E
    Hotbird 13 E
    Thor 1 W
    Atlantic bird 5 W

I also have a standard Sly Dish which has a quad LNB on it running to a Sly Plus HD box (Pace).

There is also a PS3 and Samsung DVD recorder connected to a Samsung 40 " Full HD LCD Tv.

I have attached a Zip file with pics of the equipment.

Upgraded the LNB today to a Inverto Black Ultra single output,nice piece of kit. I have attached a couple of pics.

• Thanks Cazuela, The box was in Standby when i took the pics,light only comes on when you take the receiver out of standby.

P.S My wife chooses the furniture!!!! lol if that was left to me i would be sitting on the boxes which came with all the gadgets i like to buy.

fI7WHhv.png

Please click on the "Like" :thumbup: button if you find the information and support posted on the forum helpful.

• You have done great there for your first setup and looks really neat and tidy too.. Only 1 thing mate that you should be aware of.. the K part of your bracket should be at the top with the T at the bottom as the top is where most of the support is required.The T part of the T+K is really just to steady the pole..

As said you have done well using a T+K bracket as most would have used a fixed bracket which is a bad idea for motorised systems.

• now that you mention it ,,you could be right,,
    citizens band was changed onto FM only over there I do recall but cant remember when and I was judging by placement of the base coil ..
    Mckee will be on later and tell us all about it ;)

• Hello **override**,

yes your spot on bud,it is a cb aerial on the back of the garage,not a big aerial by any standards,lucky to get out about 3-5 miles on a good day,it's connected to a midland 40 channel am/fm set.

It's a set i had from my driving days,still like to mess about with it from time to time.

fI7WHhv.png

Please click on the "Like" :thumbup: button if you find the information and support posted on the forum helpful.

• I used to be into CB when I was young - had a 1/4 wave aerial on a scaffold and had a nice set of boosters and high mid and low channels- AM, FM - etc - was great fun!

If I take a while to respond, you can see why.....

:red:

• Hehe thought so (only other thing it was,was either wi-fi or marine radio lol),those were the dayz,had lots of rigs & twigs in my time,best rig had to be Cobra 148 GTL DX with all the mods,plus a couple of powerful burners,also i had two twigs setup at the time,one on the back of my house was a Sigma 4(20' scaffold pole)the other on the stack was a Might Magnum (15' scaffold pole),brilliant dayz....

• I had a uniden/ace 100 and upgraded to a 200, I always wanted the homebase 400 because it looked the business, my first ariel was a 'bog roll special' :)

Don't think my parents were impressed, when I was calling 'side' and 'side come in' in my sleep lol

I am not obligated, or connected to any particular brand, seller or retailer so any opinions given are not biased in anyway.
    Any information given is for hobby and research purposes only, and whilst every effort is made to ensure that all my responses are accurate, - Any action you may take based on my replies is done so at your own risk.
    Viewing Premium Channels or Media, without paying for them is illegal and if you do so, you do so at your own risk!

BpGgW.jpg

• i have great memorys of cb radio on am back in the ealry 80's, best money i ever spend.

Eye balled this young lady when i was 17 & she was 18.

31 years later we have been married for 25 years, just come back from our 2nd honey moon to new york.

Regards Lee

• Congratulations :party:, well I still have a nack at finding the psychotic ones

I am not obligated, or connected to any particular brand, seller or retailer so any opinions given are not biased in anyway.
    Any information given is for hobby and research purposes only, and whilst every effort is made to ensure that all my responses are accurate, - Any action you may take based on my replies is done so at your own risk.
    Viewing Premium Channels or Media, without paying for them is illegal and if you do so, you do so at your own risk!

BpGgW.jpg

• All them days calling 19 for a copy, on the side, eyeballs (I met some nice members of the opposite sex this way, if you like the Jeremy Kyle variety lol), and messing with the aerial and SWR meter to stop your rig getting hot and increasing your signal! - but I remember it was obligatory to open up your CB and with a screwdriver, turn up the power with that variable resistor! You would never have thought I was such a geek - and I was only 14 years old!!!

If I take a while to respond, you can see why.....

:red:

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!