Amiko Mini Combo won't boot

There are 89 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 43,853 times. The last Post () by piterfree.

• My Amiko Mini Combo won't boot. When powered up, it's display alternates slowly between "ON" and "on". One green LED stays lit constantly. There is no output to the HDMI output nor the AV output. This possibly was caused by the unsafe removal of a USB stick. How do I proceed, now that I have no display?

• Here's the loader program and FW
    Just select the FW file and connect the RS232 to the Amiko, turn off and back on.
    The box should connct and reflash for you

Hey,

Thanks for your help!
    But in the topic says "Amiko Mini Combo"..... And you put the EMU of Amiko Mini -> HD <- Combo

Does this works for amiko mini combo? is not only for amiko mini HD combo?

Thanks for you help

Regards

• hmm, ok guys, mine is bricked as well, only showing the boot screen and then asking for orginal software, I have downloaded the boot loader and software, however i do not have a serial port on my pc, i am useing a usb adapter, with the supplied rs232 lead, however on the toolbox software i click through to load the f/w and the screen displays "test serial port status" and never moves further on than that, any ideaS? Plus what should be the loaders settings upgrade or dump flash? cheers

• I would be very interested in a response to shakeapaw. I am also in the same boat with my combo. seemingly new models of the box are not taking unofficial software.
    I have flashed plenty of these via usb and this is the first one stuck like this on boot screen.
    It says the software does not match the hardware, please revert to original SW . ive been told its something to do with the chip ???? no idea personally

• Go back a few threads and you will find where I have put up the loader and FW needed to fix this problem
    Most of the FW's use the old bootloader 1.03 and these boxes now need 1.04

You will need to serial into your box to fix this, very easy to do

• hi hopper
    I have downloaded the two files ( tool and fw ) and have an old dell laptop with rs232 port on back.i have used this for flashing dreamboxes before.
    is the 3.5 jack to rs232 cable, that came with the mini combo box, nulled??
    the php file for the tool - how do I open this? ive tried stb erom and it says stb memory error
    thanks
    coal

• Thanks for that freck,
    loader and software downloaded easily. Love the music !!
    However when I try to upgrade it says :
    test serial port status : Finished
    Collect STB Information
    Transfer data failed
    Click " Back " to try again
    Click cancel to exit

I reckon ive fried something in the box???

Box goes to HDTV boot logo and then says-

SW is not designed for this HW, please change back to official SW ! --------0e080a00001ff1

- - - Updated - - -

you'd imagine if they ask you to revert to original software that it can be done !
    Amiko mini combo HD latest version

Edited once, last by coal1 ().

• hmm, ok guys, mine is bricked as well, only showing the boot screen and then asking for orginal software, I have downloaded the boot loader and software, however i do not have a serial port on my pc, i am useing a usb adapter, with the supplied rs232 lead, however on the toolbox software i click through to load the f/w and the screen displays "test serial port status" and never moves further on than that, any ideaS? Plus what should be the loaders settings upgrade or dump flash? cheers

have install driver for usb to rs232 cable on your pc?(link for Drivers:http://www.tri-plc.com/USB-RS232/drivers.htm)

• Try it again with the box powered off and when it goes to test the serial port then power it up.
    Once it sees the port then you can begin the flashing.....try it a few times.It'll deffo work out.

You have moved to the top of my Christmas card list freck . Worked exactly as you said with the power on trick. Just shoved in the dc jack at back of box when it started .
    Many many thanks for your help.
    .........IT LIVES .....
    your a gent
    Coal

• Hi ppl..i have exactly the same problem..but i cant fixed..i have tried evry step..and nothing..i have tried with upgrade and dumping flash. when I try to upgrade it says :
    test serial port status : Finished
    Collect STB Information
    Transfer data failed
    Click " Back " to try again
    Click cancel to exit..
    And when i try dumping flash
    She stop in 0% after port status ok...can u help me..?please

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!