Amiko Mini Combo won't boot

There are 89 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 43,834 times. The last Post () by piterfree.

• hello hopper, I made and remade your procedure, but when it finishes out message: Error IDENT - UNINIT!
    what ido to do?
    thanks
    I use your attached files

• hi all,

is there a step by step guide to flashing the amiko box? i really have no clue. do i connect the box to the tv when its connected to the computer? also im on a mac so theres no rs232 port :/

any help would be great
    cheers

- - - Updated - - -

really struggling here

• Hi all.
    My amiko box won't connect to pc via the cable provided in the box.
    (Jack to serial) will it only connect once I have d/l the toolbox?

• i get the same message when i switch on the box ,trying to flash the box with the toolbox here but box not connecting,how do i find out the ip address for the box or should it find by itself

Edited once, last by ranj ().

• HI guys

I am flashing my box as we speak following all the instructions and using the files uploaded.

My problem is that it is extremely slow, like 1% per hour, i have left my pc on overnight ad when i woke up it was on 9%

any deas what could be causing this?

I am using a usb to serial cable and rs232 cable.

• Thanks very much for your reply hopper

managed to get it done by using an old pc, the usb to serial converter was not good at all, wasn't transferring data correctly

so a tip for anyone having problems make sure you use a pc/laptop with an rs232 connection.

Also another thing is that I have 2 boxes and on the other i was getting a version mismatch when trying to upgrade.

I found this on another forum so i am not taking credit for it at all. credits to soupdragon

hope this helps you guys as much as it did me

cheers

• hi hopper finally found time to try the attached file but still not working it loads the fw as the front display flashes but after thr amiko logo starts the box it goes to a blue box sign with the phrase IDENT Error --UNINIT

• Hello to All!

I have an Amiko mini HDT2/C box. I updated a wrong SW and my box won't start... I got the message to reinstall the original SW. I tried it many times on the way from this thread, but without any result:

"Using Toolbox for Amiko 3612 by Dekolte
    Click Loader Amiko
    Browse for the Amiko mini FW
    Select the correct Serial port
    Upgrade type all SW + Bootloader
    Mode setting Upgrade
    Click next
    * NOW TURN ON YOUR AMIKO *

Give it a few seconds it should start flashing....."

I have RS232-jack cable. When I unplug it, I got the error message, but if its connected, nothing happens... The update won't start...

Do you have any suggestion, what can I try to solve my problem?

Thanks in advance.

• Hi guys, I have the amiko mini combo but when trying to fix the firmware with loader I am just receiving transfer data failed.
    I can connect to the receiver using putty and hyperterminal on coms 3 but cannot update using the loader.
    this is the outcome im getting from putty.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!