Amiko Mini Combo won't boot

There are 89 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 43,843 times. The last Post () by piterfree.

• At this point really not sure what the problem is as I have done so many without any problems.
    And you seem to be doing it correctly.

I do remember having problem before when using windows 8
    Not sure what version of windows your using.

• currently using windows 7 Im going to buy an rs232 to usb today and see if that works

- - - Updated - - -

nope still having same issue with a usb to rs232 adapter

- - - Updated - - -

can anyone advise where to get a new rs232 to 3.5mm programming cable to check?

• Hi all

Thanks for all the support on this forum. Ive just joined but this is the best place on the web for support and info.

Ive sucessfully followed the upgrade instructions and get a succesfull upgrade (thanks HOPPER). However my box does not still boot up. Stuck on ON. Trying different FW etc. It not a combo just a Min HD SE. Ive used the original FW too. Any help with would be much appreciated.

• Hi all

Thanks for all the support on this forum. Ive just joined but this is the best place on the web for support and info.

Ive sucessfully followed the upgrade instructions and get a succesfull upgrade (thanks HOPPER). However my box does not still boot up. Stuck on ON. Trying different FW etc. It not a combo just a Min HD SE. Ive used the original FW too. Any help with would be much appreciated.

always updrade allcode +bootloader

• same issues as other member with the transfer data error yet ive tried 50 plus times now with the power off and on at differnt times ect but it keeps saying failed any more ideas bud

• Can anybody tell me, how can I make an RS232 to 4-pole jack cable to my Amiko Mini Combo? I need only the wiring drawing. I tried the following wiring, but it doesn't worked:
    3.5mm Jack RS232
    1st ring(tip)--------------------Pin 3
    2nd ring------------------------Pin 5
    3rd ring------------------------Pin 2
    4th ring------------------------Pin 5

The loader says:
    Test serial port status Finished
    Collect STB information
    Transfer data failed

My Amiko doesn't boot, I need to flash it...
    Can anybody help me?

• These are the files you need to get your combo to work
    Been using this and have reflashed well over 30 Amiko's

hi,

could you send me link where I can buy RS232 to jack 3.5mm and whether it requires 3 or 4 ring/level jack 3.5 ?

thanks

- - - Updated - - -

3.5mm Jack RS232
    1st ring(tip)--------------------Pin 3
    2nd ring------------------------Pin 5
    3rd ring------------------------Pin 2
    4th ring------------------------Pin 5

Hi,
    It works, I did it manually :

Thanks hopper

• hi sorry for the loooooooong delay! i'm on box number 2 and have managed to be in the same predicament!
    first off i bought the box for my dad. when setting it up there wasnt the option of net config so i tried updating the FW. then i got the message SW is not designed for this HW. this originally happened on a hd combi and now on a hd t2! i then tried connecting to a serial port but im totally lost (twice!)
    i cant reboot.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!