New dish needed

There are 14 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 2,868 times. The last Post () by redriddick.

• Hi guys,
    I currently have a standard *** mesh dish and it is rusted to bits so am in the hunt for a new one.
    So what should i go for???
    I will be running it to a Technomate 3t combo and also a tbs card in my pc.

• What exactly do you want to do with the dish? is it to be a static dish on 28e for example or do you want to use it for a motorized setup?????

What size of dish are you looking to purchase? the more details the better buddy.......

fI7WHhv.png

Please click on the "Like" :thumbup: button if you find the information and support posted on the forum helpful.

• If it's just a straight swap that your looking to do for now then have a look here at out sponsors site: http://www.world-of-satellite.…**-Zone1-and-Zone2-dishes

Have a look here at the king of sat website to see the whole directory for what is available on other sats: King Of Sat

Depending on how much you enjoy this hobby then having a motorized dish or multi lnb setup can be very advantageous.

fI7WHhv.png

Please click on the "Like" :thumbup: button if you find the information and support posted on the forum helpful.

• If your upgrading do just that and start with a 60cm dish and add 2and LNB to receive Astra1 _
    Next upgrade would be 80cm dish and 3 lnb aiming at 13e 19e and 28e,
    After that an 80 can be used for 5 lnbs and Various combinations of satellite But at this point you ask youself how much i'm spending on LNB's i could just buy a motor for my 80cm dish and get practically something from ALL the satellites on your visible arc,
    Go motorised _ A decent setup can be hidden round the back of your house if you dont (or Mrs) want a "big dish" on the front.

78cm dish on tm2300 metal gear motor + 1m Orb with tm2300 + 1.8m Channel Master on H-H floor mount + 80cm ISS with TM2300 AND Inverto Black LNB,inverto Unicable QUDL 42 LNB,- Global invacom Dscc LNB,- Triax KA LNB, - Yuri LNBF C Band YLF-CDP16C

• I think i may go the motorized route but will need a little help.
    I am very technically minded but what will i need to get going.
    The dish i have is on the gable of the house but i have a big electricty pole (liberated from the electricty suppliers)which has my aerial at the top of it so i could mount the dish on that.

• The dish i have is on the gable of the house but i have a big electricty pole (liberated from the electricty suppliers)which has my aerial at the top of it so i could mount the dish on that.

Erm no do NOT use that...could open allsorts of issues...post a pic of your gable end mate.

• For a motorized setup, the pole really needs to be perfectly plumb, otherwise you will keep coming off the arc and miss out on satellites.
    I'd doubt if an electricity pole has been perfectly plumbed.
    Best get a T and K bracket set as there is scope to position the pole perfectly plumb.

• Lol wasn't expecting the dish to look like that, has seen better days, but hey if it does what it's there for!
    I'd go motorised, I was without for few years, sort of lost interest, then setup motorised again couple years ago, gets u loads!
    Although sly not so good at mo, latest is android tv box, got good broadband can't believe what can get with that, use more than satellite now cos its on demand

• Old dish, looks like a mk 2/3 from the lnb holder.
    Time to go shopping alright.
    They normally disintregrate at the bolt between the lnb arm and the reflector bracket.
    New sly dish should cost no more than €30 (quad lnb with nice bubble level included)
    Dunno if the pole is good enough for motorised setup though.
    If it were me, i'd mount it where old dish is.
    Saves the hastle of running cables/ trying to adapt a bracket to mount motor on pole.

• pic looks like a zone2 *** dish to me so your gonna want a 1meter for your motor and i concur with nano with regards mounting _ just get some t@k brackets and replace at your current location ( no need for new cable run) !
    a basic motor setup will cost little _
    I use a motorised set-up alongside my standard mini dish _ that way a twin tuner box can record from 28e while watching from another sat !
    LoL love the aerial on BT/Electric pole _ seen a few of those over the years _
    A decent bracket set-up can take a 20ft pole potentially allowing you to do away with that i saw log pole in your garden that currently hosts your 100 element high gain terrestrial antenna,
    A 20ft pole of your gable looks like it would be higher from the deck anyway -
    Get a decent aerial/sat rigger round to survey it mate.

:rikjaard1:

78cm dish on tm2300 metal gear motor + 1m Orb with tm2300 + 1.8m Channel Master on H-H floor mount + 80cm ISS with TM2300 AND Inverto Black LNB,inverto Unicable QUDL 42 LNB,- Global invacom Dscc LNB,- Triax KA LNB, - Yuri LNBF C Band YLF-CDP16C

• Zone 2 sly dish which is used for areas outside englands strong footprint! never seen one that bad before and i have seen a few dishes beleive me...its usually people who live close to the coast that end up with dishes looking like that due to the salt air but that is an old type dish.

I agree with everyones suggestion on the gable end install..it really would be in situe and you can either replace that old thing or install side by side and use the zone2 to supply feeds to other boxes around your home..tbh tho i probably would replace that and you can get an adaptor for that old lnb to save buying a new one or you can diy it yourself but a new quad is cheap as chips with the sale of a new dish.

I would not touch that pole in the garden mate....it already is an eyesore so adding a dish of any size would just cause allsorts of issues for various reasons.

You can also use a fixed L bracket for your motorised and then just use the save sat function but its never recommended as usals will likely never function properly but the important sats like 1west round to 28.2 will be ok even with a 88cm triax....88cm is also council friendly if you have those type of issues...or bad neighbour issues lol...good luck on whatever you decide to do tho.

Ps i would defo grease up all your external dishes and aerials if you end up with new equipment like dishes and motors...any nuts and bolts anyway.

MK

Edited 3 times, last by Mee®kat ().

• Thanks guys,I'm still unsure what I'm going to do but will leave the pole and fix to gable.I am in the midlands Of Ireland.I may just replace the dish for the and as ye said I can add the motorized beside it.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!