New Linux based setup - please advise

There are 4 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,540 times. The last Post () by CarrotCruncher.

• Hi

I have been enjoying a Technomate 5402 and a motorised 1.5m Gibertini dish. I'm not a huge fan of the receiver's use because finding channels is slow and there is nowhere near the interest shown for Enigma 2

I am interested in Sport and would like to get Bein Sports if possible. I can get good reception from 7 west so perhaps it is better to just buy a card for Bein Sports?

If possible I'd like IPTV and a way to share the pictures throughout the house. Because of my health situation I do spend a lot of time in bed and I do not (cannot) want to moving boxes etc.

Then I get lost because the choice seems unlimited and I do not want to get the wrong model of receiver. I have a Cable feed from Dicky Branson so I thought a cable tuner in the box? I really want a quality box but I really want support for images add on etc. I do like the look of Dreambox and Vu+ Solo/Duo 2

My budget is around £400 but I could push that up if there is a box worth buying.

I would welcome any advice

Many thanks

Crunchy

• VU+ are tries and tested and can do everything you want _
    You cant use enigma2 box for bein sport though as the cards are paired so you need original box for that ¬

78cm dish on tm2300 metal gear motor + 1m Orb with tm2300 + 1.8m Channel Master on H-H floor mount + 80cm ISS with TM2300 AND Inverto Black LNB,inverto Unicable QUDL 42 LNB,- Global invacom Dscc LNB,- Triax KA LNB, - Yuri LNBF C Band YLF-CDP16C

• Technomate 5402 with a Gibertini 1.5m dish is probably a bit of a mismatch.

That dish is top quality and deserves a top reciever. Do you have a DiSEqC positioner?

If you want the best receiver then its the latest Dreambox 7080HD. It's the flagship Dream machine but will set you back a lot more than the £400 budget you have set yourself.

Alternatively if you go for VU then best pass on the Solo2. It only has fixed twin DVB/S2 tuner meaning no C/T/T2 options.

The Duo2 however can do what you want. Prices have been slashed recently so if you shop around it's priced under £300 now. It seems there's a fire sale on it now and it's a buyers market at the moment...... I think dependent on where you shop you could also probably haggle a bit further if you're that way inclined.

Edited once, last by ekkostar ().

• I made an error in my OP, I cannot always get 7 west so I think IPTV is my best option.

I had the Technomate just to make a start and now it's time to get a good unit.

Thanks for the replies, the VU+ Duo 2 is my current choice.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!