fbox 2

There are 2 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,148 times. The last Post () by darkson.

• hi,guys.this is going to sound complicated, but here goes, i have just bought fbox 2ferguson, set it up downstairs got picture on tv screen. i have router upstairs with homeplug ethernet connected to it,and downstairs with homeplug connected to my receiver spiderbox, i also invested in a netgear 5 port gig switch, the trouble i am having is however i try to switch the rj cables around either into the netgear box, by the way all lights show its working connection, i cant seem to get my ip address to show up in the fbox to get connection, i have tried putting fbox cable into the netgear box that doesnt work, then also tried putting cable from spider into net box aswell and ip address doesnt show up on that also, but if i feed cable straight into homeplug as normal for my spider works straight away,i know theres a solution to this but would be gratefull for some help, also on fbox what sort of conection would i need as im on broadband or wired, seems to only give me wifi option,i was under the illution that with my spiderbox connection ip address, it would automaticaly pick it up through the netgear box, and that isnt the case, thanking you,:77:

• I have a similar setup with homeplug from router to a cisco 2950 switch in the loft which feeds the rest of the house ,,i use android mx2 boxes which are similar to the f2 box,,if you turn off wifi do you get the wired option,,,,maybe a factory reset would help,,,,,wired is always a better option than wifi,,,,.....if you go into settings,disable wifi,,,,,goto ethernet and enable,,,,,then you will have the choice to have a dhcp or static setup.go for static.but make sure there are no ip address conflicts..
    With the setup you mentioned it should be working fine.

• hi voyager1972, have tried factory reset, but still unable to show my ip address does show mac address, have gone into settings ticked ethernet connection as this is only the connection shown other than 2 wifi connections which i have turned 2 off wifi that is, cant seem 2 download another internet connection as saying not connected on a few settings, thanks

- - - Updated - - -

all sorted thanks, can anyone put right about the up to date software, thanks

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!