fbox2 help needed

There are 13 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 2,625 times. The last Post () by darkson.

• hi, guys, could somebody with knowledge of this box help me out, have read about it but most in polish,i bought the box about 2 weeks ago got it set up and working,tried to watch a film downloaded from go,,le but says unable to watch because of no add on, also in the menu of apps xbmc, it was working for a short time, but now it states in a message, error4 the pvr functionality is non recoverable failure in resolution, it states then to in order to use use add on,on top of page it says error in artwork rotation thread,all this havent got a clue what it means, do i need to reset and put in new software or is there a virus on the box when i downloaded some apps. would be very gratefull for some help, thanks

• Check see if you have this firmware installed:new version of the software FBOX 2 #30122014
    I have the original Fbox not the new Fbox2 but I´m sure they work similarly..
    First pof all theres no reason you should be reading in Polish unless you want to..
    On the Fbox site you will see on right hand side a little red arrow or hand, click on it to change to English..
    Within the firmware there should be MXplayer or Mplayer to view media from a stick or card..
    But obviously you need to set the box up correctly with the correct resolution,etc for the screen it is connected to...
    The new firmware has updated to KODI ( the original fbox is still on Xbmc) so you need to install and enable a pvrclient to view iptv.
    To view movies and the like you need ot addon repositories (another name for addons/plugins) such as navi-x , 1channel etc... there are videos/tutorials about how to in the KODI forum:
    Forum: XBMC - Kodi Repositories
    Forum: XBMC - Kodi Tutorials, HowTo & Guides

• hi cazuela, thank you for your reply, i went back to the site i bought the f box and they sent me a email with the up to date firmware, theres a problem. i have used 3 differant browsers and each one tells me when trying to download it that they have cancelled it due to that it will harm my computer,i have been also to a link they sent and that also when downloaded says the same,begining to wonder how i am going to get the new firmwear to put into the box, thanks

• hi cazuela, thank you for your reply, i went back to the site i bought the f box and they sent me a email with the up to date firmware, theres a problem. i have used 3 differant browsers and each one tells me when trying to download it that they have cancelled it due to that it will harm my computer,i have been also to a link they sent and that also when downloaded says the same,begining to wonder how i am going to get the new firmwear to put into the box, thanks

Click on the link I have already given you buddy..
    Look at the highlighted words here : click on it to bring you to the most recent firmware buddy.. new version of the software FBOX 2 #30122014

• hi guys, having more than a problem with this box,error shows up going into xbmc saying artwork rotation thread, non recoverable failure in name resolution,not just that cant get url connection telling me on bottom of screen,i have the new firmware i have fat32 on my usb stick downloaded onto the box tried opening it doesnt recognise when i click on to upgrade, i can see the firmware on the page but cant upgrade it, im sure this is a good box but getting it to work with the instructions that i have read like go into local upgrade download and takes 10 minutes to work, well i havent been able to open the new firmware for this to happen,would be very gratefull for some help not just saying go to their site i have done this on several occasions and none the wiser when opening the settings and going to local upgrade then the issues starts im no idiot but this is begining to get on my nerves, i have had box for nearly 3 weeks without been able to get it working properly, hope to here from somebody for some help, thanks:62:

• Hi darkson,I do not know enought to be able to give you advice but
    hang in there and you will get the answer you need I hope. I followed
    cazuela's advice and had no problems thank goodness,hope you get
    sorted as its a great box.

• hi guys, having more than a problem with this box,error shows up going into xbmc saying artwork rotation thread, non recoverable failure in name resolution,not just that cant get url connection telling me on bottom of screen,i have the new firmware i have fat32 on my usb stick downloaded onto the box tried opening it doesnt recognise when i click on to upgrade, i can see the firmware on the page but cant upgrade it, im sure this is a good box but getting it to work with the instructions that i have read like go into local upgrade download and takes 10 minutes to work, well i havent been able to open the new firmware for this to happen,would be very gratefull for some help not just saying go to their site i have done this on several occasions and none the wiser when opening the settings and going to local upgrade then the issues starts im no idiot but this is begining to get on my nerves, i have had box for nearly 3 weeks without been able to get it working properly, hope to here from somebody for some help, thanks:62:

Sounds like a right headache and not fun at all.. so.. get in touch with the seller and send it back ..
    but as Toothfairy has already stated ,I reckon it´s a great little box as I can only compare it to my original Fbox...

you say :

i can see the firmware on the page but cant upgrade it,

On the Fbox , you simply download the rar file,send it on to a usb stick,making sure the stick is in the right format and the firmware is still in rar format.
    Then upgrade...
    it´s a pity it isn´t working out for you..

• Hi, yes toothfairy tried everything with this box and no joy, will be returning it and asking if they can update the new firmware, also i didnt get the usb stick that is advertised on the box, so will be asking for that as well with the new format on it, maybe then i wont get any problems with their downloads, thanks

• hi guys, waiting for my fbox to be returned, if possible would be gratefull for a bit of info,this box has xbmc, would a enigma 2plugin extensions etc be able to be set up in this box,thanks,

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!