BackupSuite Plugin

There are 30 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 47,621 times. The last Post () by ZaphirVonMining.

• I noticed there are some questions about the structure of the back-up proces, I shall try to explain a little. Where I speak about an et9000 you can also read of course an et9100, et9500, et5000 etc.

In this example we make a full backup on HDD (The option Full back-up on HDD/USB), also there is an USB-stick present in the receiver containing a FILE with the name backupstick or backupstick.txt or whatever file containing the word backupstick! Even when the USB-stick contains a file with the name: "this_is_my_backupstick_so_keep_your_hands_off" is a valid USB-stick.

When you start the plugin "Full back-up on HDD/USB" you'll have to be patient, it will take about 5-7 minutes to complete.
    What happens is:

There are taken some tests to see if you're using this plugin on a supported receiver (of course it is, otherwise it wouldn't install)
    Tested is if your machine uses the jffs2 filesystem or ubifs
    Tested is if all "building blocks" are present, so the files which are used to build the image, like mkfs.ubifs, mkfs.jffs2, ubinize etc.
    There is made a temporary folder to work with
    All the necessary files are collected and assembled to form the image (takes a little while)
    The image is assembled in the right form and placed in the folder et9000
    A copy of the images is copied to the folder with the name: fullbackup-et9000, the folder gets the name of the date-time when the back-up is started, so if the backup is started on 29-09-2011 on 17.15 hrs the name is: 20110929-1715. In this folder is the folder et9000
    When a valid USB-stick was found at the end of the back-up process then also a copy will be placed in the folder et9000 on the stick, so ready to use to restore the image.

I tried to make a little scheme for the process
    60.jpg

At the moment we are in a period of transition to a new approach to build the images for the et receivers. Therefore at the moment the back-ups are build to be on 2 ways, this is to be compatible with the old and the new bootloaders, it takes some extra space but it is for a short period of time, naturally the user can delete the unnecessary back-up folders if wanted.

In the near future there will be no separate images for et9000, et9100, et9200, et9500, et5000 etc.
    The new nomenclature will be et9x00 for the 9000 series, et5x00 for the 5000 series etc., so 1 image for every serie receivers

So all the back-ups will be build in the old fashioned way as following the new method.

Also the partitionstructure will be changed, making it necessary to build a new BackupSuite, therefore in the coming days the BackupSuite will undergo some changes, not visible for the user, the BackupSuite will function as usual.

Also the new structure requires a new flash, when it will be necessary to flash I assume there will be some announcements made on this site or on open-pli.org.

The plugin Full back-up to USB works similar with the same folders and files.

I hope this explanation gives some insight in the back-up procedure.

And last but not least: To restore the image you'll have to place the folder et9000 (or et9x00) on the USB-stick and flash the receiver like a new image.
    If you made the back-up directly on the USB-stick, or on HDD with the stick inserted in the receiver, then this stick is ready to use.
    thnx TRRman ;)

• Official Post

Backupsuite_26+git476

Changelog
    =========

Git 466-476
    - Update backupdmm.sh
    - backupsuite.sh: Introduce LS2
    - backupdmm.sh: LS1 must be '-el', not '-e1'
    - Use quotation marks instead of apostrophes
    - Delete png **** data for libpng >=1.6.x iCCP chunk warning
    - Make VISIONVERSION check faster
    - Fix e4hdultra

Git 451-465
    - GigaBlue IP 4K support
    - IZIBox X3/Eco Twin HD support
    - Remove superfluous usage of skin_default in image paths.
    - Ferguson Ariva ATV Combo/Twin support
    - JamesDonkey HD Duo support
    - Protek 4K X1 support
    - Spycat Mini V2 support
    - Reduce hd60/hd61 code.
    - Fix flash/backup hd60,
    - Use proper kernel filename (can also be uImage) to get kernel size
    - Vivant Dinobot U43 support
    - AX Ultra support
    - Fix HiSilicon model detection.

Git 442-450
    - Zgemma H10 support
    - Anadol Pro HD5 support
    - AXAS His Twin fix image folder
    - Amiko Viper 4K support
    - Fix identification for lunix4k,
    - Edision OS mio4kplus support

Git 430-441
    - AXAS His C 4K support
    - AXAS His Twin support
    - Don't chmod executable files anymore, bitbake should do that.
    - Travis CI support.
    - Open Vision uses MACHINE names so we have vusolo4k instead of solo4k.
    - Be more accurate for Open Vision.
    - Use getBoxType which is more accurate, reduce code size and be faster.

Git 422-429
    - Beyonwiz V2 support
    - Gigablue Trio 4K support
    - Vu+ Duo 4K kernel detection fixed.
    - Vivant Dinobot H265 support
    - Octagon SF8008 kernel detection fixed

Git 416-421
    - Update no_backup_files regarding "uImage" and "rootfs.ubi"
    - Mutant HD61 support
    - MaxyTec Multibox support
    - Ultra Box V8Plus Combo support
    - Octagon SF8008 fix kernel name
    - Qviart Lunix2 4K fix action
    - Ustym 4K Pro fix kernel name
    - Update setup.py (Version fix)
    - Vivant Dinobot U55 support
    - Use Open Vision name instead of PLi-metas and pli-extras

• ciao sul mio ciao sul mio Gigablue Trio 4k la versione Backupsuite_26 + git476 mi dà questo errore( cannot import name getBoxType) e non si installa. Come risolvo?. grazie.Gigablue Trio 4k mi dà questo errore (impossibile importare il nome getBoxType) e non verrà fornito. Come risolvo? Grazie.
    ciao sul mio Gigablue Trio 4k mi dà questo errore (impossibile importare il nome getBoxType) e non verrà fornito. Come risolvo? Grazie.

ciao sul mio Gigablue Trio 4k mi dà questo errore (impossibile importare il nome getBoxType) e non verrà fornito. Come risolvo? Grazie.

• filomena99 :

Translation to English (https://translate.google.com/):

Hello, on my Gigablue Trio 4k gives me this error (impossible to import the name getBoxType) and it will not be provided. How do I solve? Thank you.

Hello.

This is the BUG code in the plugin (in some Enigma - such as OpenATV).

It should be noted that BackupSuite is unfortunately a plugin that is not included in the OE-Alliance Group. So nobody cares about him. Each team of developers of an Enigma customizes this plugin for its own needs and therefore does not always work. Each team copies the code from a different source (like open source) and not from the same source (OE-Alliance Group as example). Therefore, this plugin may not work properly on every device and every Enigma distribution, unfortunately. The resources listed for the BackupSuite plugin anywhere on the Internet usually belong to the OpenPLi Enigma feed.

This BUG has already been addressed in this discussion forum:

Backup Suite wil not propelly install on a DM520HD original box.

This BUG is currently solved in the OpenVision Enigma. However, a new installation package has not been compiled yet.

It should suffice to download the source code (file plugin.py) and overwrite it as shown on the URL link above. Then restart Enigma (to compile the source code - file .py to .pyo). Delete the source code .py after restarting the Enigma ! Only this one compiled file will remain there (without the .py source code file, for a new update to work on this plugin). Here's how:

Code
    #### !!! as the first, install the latest version of BackupSuite (26+git478+05184d7), and then ... :
    wget -q --no-check-certificate -O /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions/BackupSuite/plugin.py "https://github.com/OpenVisionE2/BackupSuite/raw/master/plugin/plugin.py
    init 4; sleep 5; init 3; sleep 60             # restart the Enigma2 and then waiting 60 sec. until the Enigma boots up completely
    rm -f /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions/BackupSuite/plugin.py             # delete the source code file
  • Code
    Fatto ma non funziona. grazie.

:english only1:

Quote from Translate

Done but it doesn't work. thank you.

Edited once, last by master G: Translation. Please use English language only. Use google translator! ().

• filomena99 :

What doesn't work ? Please explain. I do not understand you.

P.S.: Use Google translator if you don't speak English. It is a very practical and fast online translator for free and without advertising from Google.

Google has only three great things and everything else is bullshit:

1. Google search engine

2. Google Maps / Google Earth

3. Google online translator

(these three things are ad-free and totally free - top Google projects)

• Hello everybody. I am having a problem with this plugin on Gigablue hd800se when trying to make a backup of OpenPli 7.3.

Namely, this pluging worked with some Gigablue fix, but then when I tried to use it on this version it cannot make backup. It shows an error saying "/usr/bin/backupsuite.sh: line 1: syntax error: unterminated quoted string" during creation of kerneldump. Is there any solution?

20210404-235925.jpg

Edited once, last by brisel ().

• Hi,

But where is the problematic ".sh" script? Please insert it as an attachment to the discussion (zip if it is not possible to send the .sh file extension).

Which backup suite do you use? Each device and each Enigma2 needs slightly different procedures. For example, you may be trying to use BasckupSuite where a Bash shell still did not exist, but only a redirection by a symbolic system link from Bash -> to Sh / Ash or other mini-shells. Bash is used almost everywhere in the new Enigma2 distributions. But this was not the case in older versions. So if you use the old Enigma, it is possible that there is a missing Bash shell. For example, Ash is used instead of Bash. Then, when a programmer writes a shell script for Bash (that is, does not use POSIX compatibility for all shells), logically, these problems arise. The most famous and hated so-called "bashism" in shell scripts are quotes and square brackets :).

So depending on which BackupSuite you are using, for example:

OpenPLi - https://github.com/persianpros/BackupSuite-PLi

OpenVisionE2 - https://github.com/OpenVisionE2/BackupSuite

...and depending on which device, these problems can be different. You should report this BUG to the author of the source code (on Github), depending on which BackupSuite you are using.

• Hi, the version I use is Version 11.6 for OpenPli 3.0 15-01-2013 Pedro_Newbie (Extensions for Gigablue by SCP) (shown on picture). It is the only one which can be used on my Gigablue so it is very specific, it can be found on https://master.dl.sourceforge.…a.it_mips32el.ipk?viasf=1 .

I used it on e.g. ATV 6.4, TeamBlue and on some older image OpenRSI, where it worked.

This time it is OpenPli 7.3 from GigaBlue 800se : OpenPLi 7.3Star 20201206 1.17.0.1 where there miss some files to the plugin (files like nanddump but I used the ones from OpenATV). Kernel is 3.9.6. and then i came to this problem.

• After all, OpenPLi includes its own Backup Suite plugin. I don't know if it's even built into the OpenPLi image directly. If not, install it from the OpenPLi feed:

Code
    opkg update
    opkg list | grep -i 'backupsuite'
    # ....
    # .... here you will see available packages, filtered to the text 'backupsuite' ....
    # ....
    opkg install <package_name>           # note: do not use the IPK file name, but the package name

Or try moving the line #!/bin/sh to the beginning of the script and then try running the backup again... but I don't know if this will help:

Code
    sed -i '/\#\!\/bin\/sh/d' /usr/bin/backupsuite.sh
    sed -i '1i \#\!\/bin\/sh' /usr/bin/backupsuite.sh
  • Oh finally, I used the official OpenPli plugin from feeds which did not worked in past. This time it is probably combined with Version 11.6 for OpenPli 3.0 15-01-2013 Pedro_Newbie (Extensions for Gigablue by SCP) so it worked for me.

Code mentioned above did not solve the issue

Thank you very much!! I can attach the picture but this time, that would be a picture of successful backup :D

Edited once, last by brisel ().

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!