[TUTORIAL] Configuring TVHeadend For 28.2e

There are 77 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 23,215 times. The last Post () by amiralii.

• This guide assumes you have already got TVHeadend installed on your WeTek / OpenELEC system along with OSCAM to be able to read your subscriptions for encrypted channels. Snifferdsx has already got this covered in various guides on here so I feel I don't need to go over that again.
    This guide is purely for getting TVHeadend working specifically with 28.2e

First thing to do after loading up the TVHeadend Web GUI is to click on the 'Configuration' tab, then click 'DVB Inputs' then click 'Networks'
    (Click Image for larger version)
    cd3816e8ce7ae6a66511c748.jpg
    Now click on the 'Add' button and from the box that appears choose DVB-S Network from the drop down menu
    c724a3ef5c3f1fcefe49f3f.jpg
    In the next box you must give the network a name, this can be whatever you want it to be. Select 'Network Discovery'
    'Pre-defined Muxes' should be set to '28.2E:Astra' from the drop down menu and 'Orbital Position' should be set to '28.2E : Astra 2A/2C/2E/2F/Eutelsat 28A' from the drop down menu.
    704d19b.jpg
    Now click the Save button and then select the TV Adapters tab
    Select the 'Availink AVL6211+AV2011 DVB-S/S2 : DVB-S #0' which is the third option in the list. On the right hand side ensure that 'Enabled' 'Over-the-air EPG' 'Power Save' and 'Initial Scan' are all ticked. Click the Save button
    d18a1b.jpg
    Do exactly the same for the second 'Availink AVL6211+AV2011 DVB-S/S2 : DVB-S #0' which is the sixth option in the list.
    Select 'Universal LNB Only' from the list, it should be the fourth option. On the right hand side, from the 'Networks' drop down menu select whatever you called the network that you set up earlier in this tutorial. Also ensure that 'Turn off LNB when idle' is ticked. Click the Save button
    00a609d93cc0.jpg
    Do exactly the same for the second 'Universal LNB Only' which is the seventh option in the list.
    Now select the 'Muxes' button. This should show you a list of all the frequencies that have been scanned in from 28.2e along with how many services / channels have been found at each frequency. If the 'Scan Status' or 'Scan Result' columns show as 'PEND' then give it a bit more time and try refreshing the page in a couple of minutes
    44ca9ffa53d789f581fd5.jpg
    Next you must click the 'Channel / EPG' tab and then click 'Bouquets' This should bring up a list of all the Bouquets that have been scanned in from 28.2e. You need to find the one that is relevant for your region of the UK. I've noticed there seems to be duplicates of each region, I'm not sure why this is but I just selected the one with the highest number of seen services for my region, this number should be 730 I believe.
    Tick the following: 'Enabled' 'Rescan' 'Auto-map to Channels' and 'Create Tag' Then select the Save button
    ebd0e35b178c211c90b9.jpg
    Now we'll move on to configuring the EPG grabber so you can have a nice 7 day EPG.
    Click the 'EPG Grabber' button.
    Most of the options in here don't need altering. The important one you must select is 'OpenTV: *** UK' then click 'Save Configuration' and then 'Trigger OTA EPG Grabber'
    7a77ccc4e7ee6d.jpg
    Now click the 'Channel Tags' button and click the 'Add' button. This is where you are going to set up each bouquet to store your channels in, eg Entertainment, News, Sports etc so you don't have to trawl through a long list of channels everytime you want to watch a specific channel. For each Channel Tag / Bouquet that you create make sure that you tick the 'Enabled' option.

Once you have set these up you can click on the 'Channels' button.
    To make things easier, it's probably best to ensure this list is sorted by the Number column in ascending order. Also, in the bottom right hand corner of the screen it is probably best to choose to display only 25 channels per page just whilst you are doing this bit.
    Now then, if you double click in the 'Tags' column for each channel, you should be given a drop down menu where you can choose which bouquet you would like to put each channel in to.
    Work your way through the list of channels, but before you move to the next page of channels, make sure you click the Save button else it will forget what you have done for that page
    773f548aa37230794d35d1977.jpg

5bbd6027c31.jpg

Right, once you have done all this you should be set up and good to go for 28.2e
    I have tried to make this guide as straight forward as I can. Apologies if it is a little hard to follow, it's been quite a while since I have put any sort of a tutorial together.

If you have any questions or get stuck at any point I'll be more than happy to help out

Edited 3 times, last by jim1985 ().

• Jim, your guide is very clear but I am new to all this and somethings may not be obvious. I have booted into Openlec, I have Tvheadend installed. I have a 28.2 dish feed into lnb 1. The box is connected to the net. I follow all your instructions to the point where I select the Muxes button. There is no data shown or "pending". Just kick my backside in the right direction please.

• I've just followed my guide back for myself.

I think by the looks of it you need to click the 'Force Scan' button on the 'Networks' tab at this stage.

I've got to pop out now but when I get back I'll update my tutorial to reflect this

• Right, on that screen, click on the '*** TV' network name and then click the Edit button.

In the box that appears, in the 'Pre-defined Muxes' drop down menu have you selected '> 28.2E:Astra'?
    Also worth checking, in the 'Orbital Position' drop down menu have you selected '28.2E : Astra 2A/2C/2E/2F/Eutelsat 28A'?

• I do not get the option to select 'Pre Defined Muxes' the box is empty even when I select the button. I have managed to get it one time however and thought I had it cracked till I realised that the Muxes found also showed 'Scan Failed' and the bouquets produced did not include 28 e but 14 other satellites. Maybe you wished that you had not asked !

• OK, this is a strange one. I've just gone back through my settings and it definitely works fine for me.

It might be worth resetting the WeTek OpenELEC back to factory settings and starting again, something does seem to have gone wrong somewhere

• I think it needs some more time to scan the muxes.

Click the Status button at the top of the screen and if you see anything in there where it shows you a signal strength then it's most likely still scanning the muxes.

I rescanned mine last night and it took at least 20 mins to complete, so yours will probably need the same amount of time

• Its something silly. In status it shows 0 in both signal columns. I have run wetek theatre and it scans and shows 28 so it is not an issue on the android/kodi side. I have left it running and will report back. Thanks for your advice Jim

• Thanks snifferdsx but I have done this. I think the answer maybe in the fact that there is no signal strength in status. I don't think I am doing a real time scan. I think my openelec settings/configuration may be wrong. I will switch to the new 5.0.6 version available and also reflash the box to make sure I am back to basics. Again thank you

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!