What you can suggest?

There are 8 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,891 times. The last Post () by Myst Da-Man.

• hi guys,
    I can't install satellite dishes. I've been far from this field for years and almost lost now. I'm looking for a stable and solid way (probably through internet) with good support to get channels I want. By channels I mean good packages(sky/HBO/SN/...) for free. I've found iptv and I'm using it with my LG TV but there are freezes and lags sometimes which I don't like and I can say I would expect more. What's other services I can rely on to give me better access to what I'm looking for? I looked at MAG250 and others but not sure if that's what I need or they may be better options. I'm OK with money as long as I get good service with no problem and support. I need to know my different options and different technologies.
    Thanks,
    Sam

• Sam,
    I am no expert but I think one of the options would be xbmc, which is accessed through internet. No dish required. If you look on the forum you will see that a lot of people are using the Wetek play which seems to be a good alternative at a reasonable price. About £100 I think. There are other alternatives ie Android boxes which are freely available on a certain auction site. If you do a google for Android TV boxes you will find a great variety. I have an M8 box and also a Raspberry Pi, which you can set up for about £50. If you do investigate that route I would suggest having a look on some xbmc forums for more specific advice and ideas.

regards

• It all depends what you want to do. For my purposes I find the Raspberry Pi and the M8 more than adequate. But I use mine in conjunction with a sat receiver so my needs are slightly different. As I say I am no expert, but the wetek Play gets good feedback but I think still a work in progress. The M8 is not bad. Has quad core processor so can run 1080p comfortably. They say it is compatible with 4k but I can't confirm that. I would definitely have a good look around google and check out some forums. I could give you a link to one I use but not sure if that's allowed on here. I'm sure someone else on here will also be giving you some got advice

best regards

• well now i compare between M8 and Neo X8. that's super interesting for the almost the same specs you have to pay double for Neo X8. Neo X8 is not in my list now. what do you think?

• There are also android box's that have dedicated iptv channel apps like the PowerTV box (which I have), the iWAZ, LOOL, LEAD etc..

all these andriod box's are above the 150$+ price tag, its a little more expemsive cuz they have dedicated iptv channel apps. you dont have to browse or manually update these iptv apps cuz they are managed by the server

all these box's also include KODI as well for movies

• my initial route would be to go for a rasp Pi 2. This can be set up for about £50 ( less if you have cables and flash drives about). A powerful little receiver. Doesn't need to be turned off. Costs about £5 a year to run. Small and easy to hide. Mine is velcroed to back of tv. Would not bother with the boxes you see advertised ''Fully Loaded '' on a certain site. Very easy to do yourself

• How long are the apps kept alive buddy ??? 12 months or longer??

no actually some of them carry a minimum of 5 years, and the one I am using now is lifetime

- - - Updated - - -

even the one's that expire after 5 years, its only like 65$ for another 5 years

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!