Aeon Nox 5 - Sky TV mod

There are 19 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 9,786 times. The last Post () by moshoodo123.

• Hello all of you XBMC heads........

I'm currently modding a skin for XBMC. The reason I have chosen to replicate the Sky skin is because I have recently modded a Sky HD multiroom box, and fitted my HTPC parts inside.

I currently have this skin working on my Sky box and Wetek Play.

Here's where I'm at so far.

I'm trying to get it looking like this below
    [Image: 1395101887.png]

I've not touched "now, next and channel" views because I don't use them.

The things I want to change but will need some help:

Proper function of the "All Channels" image above the guide, yes this is only a image and it doesn't change if you switch channel group / Possibly add the "actions" options from the epg sidebar.

Change every other row on the epg to a different shade of blue.

Add some sort of progress indicator, ideally shade each tv program which is currently playing.

If you know how to skin XBMC and you fancy helping me out with the things above, please get in touch.

I will post a download link soon (once I'm happy with how it looks)

[watch this space]

• What you using TvHeadend or Vdr cause on vdr yah can hit star in it opens up the channel list sections but may help yah somewhat, nice skin though ;)

PM for support 0nly with a Link to Y0ur
    P05t w1Th Wat5 up 0r 155u3 thaT5
    B33N ....... P05T3D

0D3R PATCH3D 3H ;)
    much <3 th0ugh in d0 a5 Ab0v3
    1n Wh3n 533N r3plY n PM n 58PP0rt G1v3n ;)

"I'm against Piracey so please DONT ATTACK SHIPS"
    :p

• how yah getting on with this fezz0

B33N ....... P05T3D

0D3R PATCH3D 3H ;)

• Alright lads!

This skin still isn't finished and I tbh haven't bothered working on it in months! But I'm going upload it as it is later today so you can all try it out.

Do not ask for feature requests or bug fixes as this skin is not going to be worked on any time soon - feel free to tear it apart and add stuff to it yourself.

- - - Updated - - -

Before you install this I recommend you add the following to your advancedsettings.xml otherwise the EPG won't function as intented:

Code
    <advancedsettings>
    <pvr>
    <cacheindvdplayer>false</cacheindvdplayer>
    </pvr>
    <epg>
    <lingertime>0</lingertime>
    </epg>
    </advancedsettings>

If you do not have a advancedsettings file, then simply open notepad, paste the above into a black document and save it as advancedsettings.xml (making sure you select save as all file types). Then place it in the userdata folder. (restart Kodi once you have amended the above.)

To install the skin go to system>addons>install from zip.

Once activated you must go to system>appearance>skin settings>Home window - Aeon Nox main menu layout: set this to 3 items. This changes the font and font colour, and also seperates each label evenly.

Next, open the EPG, press left on your remote to bring up the sidebar, select skin mod settings, now make sure you hide encryption, tuner and signal information, then press save - If you do not do this then the fullscreen infobar will look a right mess (as I said this skin isn't finished!)

Please note: this skin was optimised for Tvheadend, if your using a different backend then somethings may look different, ie channel numbers etc.

• New update coming soon ;)

New sky font on the epg

Different shades of blue on each row similar to official sky reciever (was a right pain in the a**!!)

Edited once, last by fezz0 ().

• your gona make me move to tvheadend fezz0
    great work

B33N ....... P05T3D

0D3R PATCH3D 3H ;)

• What are you using vdr via kodi or the actual vdr distro?

If your using vdr via kodi then the skin will still work, the only thing I've noticed thats different when using vdr client is the numbers on the infobar, their not in the exact same position/font for some reason

Edited 2 times, last by fezz0 ().

• New feature being worked on:

Merge the sideblade buttons into the epg interface for a seamless transition between timeline, recordings, search and channel list. Simply press the left arrow to navigate the buttons along the top of the grid, or press down to go back on the epg grid.

Colour remote buttons displayed along the bottom

New graphics to give a sharper look

Currently a mess... but you get the idea

• What are you using vdr via kodi or the actual vdr distro?

If your using vdr via kodi then the skin will still work, the only thing I've noticed thats different when using vdr client is the numbers on the infobar, their not in the exact same position/font for some reason

Vdr via openelec in nand Fezz0 using manicskin the now with my own backgrounds backing up the now so to try the skin youve made l8r the night after the dons game :)

B33N ....... P05T3D

0D3R PATCH3D 3H ;)

• this looks awesome....have you got the latest version of this so i can take a look please

just grab the last file thats been posted by fezzo as i think he did it and was not updating much
    so it will still be valid :)

B33N ....... P05T3D

0D3R PATCH3D 3H ;)

• Can this work with libreelec? i get an error when installing the zip file "the dependency on the xbmc gui ver 5.3.0 could not be satisfied
    do i just open the zip up and dump the files in the relevant folders?

Edited once, last by ghost32 ().

• yeah try manual install

B33N ....... P05T3D

0D3R PATCH3D 3H ;)

• It says to me The dependency on xmbx.gui version 5.3.0 could not be satisfied

- - - Updated - - -

I've got the skin working but the problem is the chnnel numbers and epg. What do i do to make sure that channels start with 101 and how can i attach a EPG to the channels? Btw i add my own channels and links so yeh :D

• thats to do with teh PVr your using on wetek make another thread asking for support as the skin just pulls the data given by backen pvr :)
    also give what o/s your running and pvr backens / front end when you make new thread :)

B33N ....... P05T3D

0D3R PATCH3D 3H ;)

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!