Need tutorial to add c-line to amiko mini combo

There are 6 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 14,049 times. The last Post () by bigdel.

• bro you have to give a little more info, Cline running on spark? enigma? what cline u want to setup your connection to a server or a server you are running and they connect to you, these points are mabe the reason why you arnt finding any infomation.
    adding to spark...EXAMPLE
    1, the latest version of HD firmware for your box can be found on this forum or from the "www.amiko.ucoz.com/index/amiko_mini_hd_combo/0-8" that page is for you to confirm your version update to make sure your running the newest firmware.
    this page on this site has an updated EMU http://linuxsat-support.com/showthread.php?t=79774
    but make sure i sent you the correct link as thats for none linux versions and my box is the 8900 SHD hd and is linux based those 2 links will provide you with all the latest versions to update your box to enable you to create a C-Line.
    i could have answered with more details if i had more infomation m8ty

• hi, i'm trying to connect to a server, this box running on spark I think, not enigma, i'm sure I have latest firmware ect. I was emailed a CCcam cfg file and have server name, port ,user name, pass ect. i did put it in but its not working, I have the same line in amiko alien 8900 and working great, this box confuses me a bit, I tried with dcc
    but didn't connect to box like amiko 8900 ,
    i'm a granddad and very new to this ha!, thanks for your reply,, m

Edited once, last by freeway7 ().

• ok freeway7 im not a grandad but im unable to read so what you wil get is easy to follow instructions to make things easier for you :) .
    ok so your not unfirmiliar with the process of adding cccam into spark or the amiko alien i mean. im giving you a link to a folder called plugins extract the folder onto your usb stick leaing the structure inside spark folder and while the reciever is on put the usb into your usb slot and install the plugins when asked "https://app.box.com/s/knwanonj3zx0zfkryczdx69ofhqudt31" this is a full set of programs.
    does your config have...
    CCCAM
    C: example.server.com 12000 username password
    or..
    Newcamd
    N: example.server.com 12000 username password 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 13 14
    ==========
    if its 1st way then you will need to add the line to cccamd.list. if its the N: example.server.com 12000 username password 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 13 14 then adding the line to newcamd.list is what you will need.
    you also could use a tool to convert them details cccam2oscam and your results will look like this..
    CCCAM
    C: example.server.com 12000 username password

Converts to:
    Server Name: example.server.com
    Service Port: 12000
    User Name: username
    Password: password
    Key: (leave this blank – not required for CCAM)
    ===========
    Newcamd
    N: example.server.com 12000 username password 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 13 14

Converts to:
    Server Name: example.server.com
    Service Port: 12000
    User Name: username
    Password: password
    Key: 0102030405060708091011121314

personally my Nline in spark is added to the Newcamd like this
    CWS_KEEPALIVE = 300
    CWS_INCOMING_PORT = 21000
    CWS = 192.168.1.186 15050 dummy dummy 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 13 14 wan.

but the plugin pack is a good full pack m8 i run CCcam214 i only had 1 problem which anupdate i think helped i had to activate on sky ShowCase ive not tried it since but keep that in mind.

• Not my work credit goes to bees from another forum

This is a guide on how to set up the amiko mini combo box

I am assuming you already know we need a live VM feed in order
    to use the cable side and a sat dish for the sat side.

First you will need an F to Ariel connector

and a splitter if you only have a single cable coming into the house.

Connect up the box, usual manner, hdmi, ethernet, ect.

For cable screw the F to Ariel connector onto your VM feed and push into the RF in, sat feed into LNB in.

Download the firmware,

Unzip it, put it on a USB stick, put the stick in the box.

On your Remote

Menu - System - Upgrade by USB

Flash the firmware, Upgrade Mode is ALL SW + Bootloader (Right button to scroll through)

Next scan for channels

Menu - Installation - Satellite Installation

Right button to pick up Astra 28.2, either Green Button TP Scan or White Button Blind Scan will do

Menu - Installation - Cable Installation

Insert the first 4 digits of your net id into the frequency, so 50268 would become 502.6

Insert your symbol rate

flick through the QAM settings (Right button) until you get a green and yellow signal
    across the bottom of the screen, either Green Button Scan or White Button Blind Scan will do

Next insert your line or lines

Menu - Internet - Net Client Config

Enter your Lines manually, make sure "active server" is green (OK button)

If you are connected you should see this

You can use, C, N or MG just make sure you have the correct protocol selected for your line
    in the emulator field.

You can run Sat and Cable lines simultaneously.

Welcome back glorious HD !!!!!

Finally, sort your channels into groups

Menu - Service - Organizing Favourites

Red Button (Group) - Satellite - Pick the Tuner you want to work on.

Press FAV button on your remote, choose a group you want to sort to.

Scroll down the left hand side, press OK and the channel will turn grey

Then when you have chosen all the channels, press the big arrow in the middle of the screen

You can use the pen icon at the bottom to rename the groups, you can also move the channels up and down the list too.

When you have sorted everything and you want to use the groups

Press OK, Red Button (group) on your remote, flick to the one you want to view

For instance The top four groups on mine all read from the cable tuner, the bottom three
    read from the sat tuner

Edited once, last by mahrkpat ().

• hi, thanks crawlers1977, very informative and very easy to follow your post, its Newcamd that I was trying to put in, and after two days I wasn't wrong in the way I was adding the line,manually, there had to be a problem with the lines I was trying to use because I got a test line for 3 days and low and behold it went in without any problem, and the tutorial below is spot on and exact, you do need to use the older firmware 1.2.23 emu zip because if you use 1.4.03 conax you cant see net client config or net server config.thanks again,

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

thanks mahrkpat, for putting this up, great post and its spot on,.

• I am looking advice on same issue guys though my amiko alien mini is running enigma2 and i am struggling how to add ccam or mgcam to the box. i was trying to use dcc to ftp it over but i dont know where to put it when i go to ftp..??

Box
    Brand: Amiko
    Model: Alien-Mini
    Chipset: STi7111
    Frontprocessor Version: 4
    Total Memory: 116564 kB
    Free Memory: 52548 kB
    Box Uptime: 0:17
    Software
    System OE: OE-Alliance 3.3
    Distro: ViX4E2PROJECT
    Firmware version: 2.1.001-blue+
    Driver date: 20160210
    Kernel version: 2.6.32.61_stm24_0217
    Gui version: 2016-02-26

any help would be greatly appreciated.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!