something strange

There are 24 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 3,600 times. The last Post () by fatlad.

• Hi everyone

As the title says since i've had the dm800 sharing of my vu duo only 2 days both boxs have been freezing the dm more than the vu, there's no pixilating its like i've hit the pause button the vu freezes between 15-20sec and the dm over 30sec and it happens between 15 - 20 mins all the time.

Could It be due to weather conditions or could the both boxs be conflicting? up to 2days ago i used my eagle box to share of the vu with no problems, the image on the vu is the vix and on the dm open pli hope someone can shed some light on my problem.

Tonight i'm going to stick my eagle back on to see if that stops the freezing.

Many thanks

• It definitely sounds like a cam issue. Are you using a local?

Have they got different IP addresses?
    Have they got different cccam.cfg files?
    Have they got different port numbers for cccam?
    Are you using local IP address on the 2nd box? (not using your dns)

• Ten

Different ip address - yes
    Different cam files - don't know
    Different port numbers - yes
    Local ip address - the box ip and not using dns

hope this helps
    Cheers

• I think it's the weather if i'm reading your post correctly, Vu+(server) DM800)client?? The dm will take longer because if the server stop's the client will have to wait till it sends the keys down the line again, it's possibly because of the phone line, having loads of trouble with phone lines in this weather, also snow is causing bad pictures just now.

• Just had a look

Vu cam is 2.1.4
    eagle cam is 2.1.4
    dm800 cam is 2.2.0

no my second box is in a different room but it shares of my card in the vu.

hope this helps ddaddy
    cheers everyone

• al1968 yep vu server, its a great picture on both boxes its like i pressed the pause button, i've put my eagle back on for tonight just to see if its the weather or the box.

Thanks al1968

• I would also maybe put CCcam 2.2.1 on the Dm800, as i think there was a couple of problem's with 2.2.0. and 2.2.1 seem's to be a bit better. lol, i couldn't remember the word when i was trying to explain it (ecm) lol, dafty i am.

• It all depends what the problem is.
    Is could be slow internet connection or even slow shares.
    Have a look at the cccam info to see which of your shares is supplying the ECM when it freezes, then try #'ing it out of your config so it uses a different share.

• The way i'm reading it is the Vu+ is the server, so that to me means that has the card in it, just the way i see fatlad's posts.

• The way i'm reading it is the Vu+ is the server, so that to me means that has the card in it, just the way i see fatlad's posts.

If thats the case, I would swap the local card to the DM800 and make the DM800 the server

• Sorry, I was assuming he had no local and was using the vu as his sharing server with the dm taking shares from it?

Yeah you could be right, i do still think it's the weather causing the problem though.

Yeah he definately could try swapping server and client over just to see if it helped any.

• I had a channel keep freezing on me last week and it turned out to be a high ping share.
    Cccam obviously doesn't test the ping when selecting which server to use.
    In my case it was selecting a very high ping hop2 over a low ping hop3.
    I delete the high ping cline and it worked fine.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!