Tutorial - How to use DreamboxEdit

There are 19 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 32,591 times. The last Post () by radicaldoc.

• Official Post

Tutorial :- Dreambox Edit - Create & Backup Bouquets

Ok guys here's a tutorial on the basics of Dreambox Edit, currently in version 3.0.0. I have attached the installer for your convinience.Once installed , start the program and you'll be met with the main screen.
    Download DreamboxEdit from the Downloads section (See the button in the Navbar at the top of this page.

Options.
    From the list of icons across the top of the screen click 'Options'. This is very important and will need some setup.
    The most important part of this is the first tab called 'Profiles'. For the scope of this tutorial we will not be looking at any other tabs in Options.So , the things you need to pay attention to in options are :-
    IP Address of Dreambox. - Enter your box IP here.
    Dreambox HTTP Server port - Very rarely changed from 80.
    Username on Dreambox - Nearly always 'root'.
    Password on Dreambox - Standard password is 'dreambox'.
    FTP Port - Nearly always 21.
    File paths on the Dreambox.
    Now, point six has a little more to it. At the bottom of the Options window you'll see 4 buttons. These refer to the Dreambox 'Type' and also to the preset file paths mentioned in point 6. These should be set as follows :-

Satellite Receiver - Type 2 = DM500 / 600 / 7000 / 7020
    C a b l e Receiver - Type 2 = As above
    Version 3 Settings (Enigma2) - Type 3= DM7025
    New Enigma2 Settings - Type 4 = DM800 / DM8000
    Type 3 & 4 have the same 'File paths'.As you click these different buttons you'll see the 'File paths' changing accordingly but you will not see the 'Type' change until you exit the options screen. The type is shown in the status bar at the bottom of the main window. Its important you get these settings right to match the box your using or you will have trouble transferring your bouquets to and from the box. See the attached images.

The Advanced Tab.
    In this tab there's a very important setting we use when dealing with the DreamboxUK Sly UK Bouquets. Because these bouquets contain 'Place Holder Channels' we need to select the 'Allow duplicate entries in (user) bouquets' option. You must do this BEFORE opening the bouquet folder. If you fail to select this option, when you open the Sly UK Bouquets folder DBEdit will instantly delete all the place holder channels and therefore loose the channel numbering system.

Also if you're using a HD box, you'll want to click the 'Add HDTV services' button.

FTP
    Once you're finished with Options, you can move onto the FTP button, again from the list at the top of the main window.
    In here you need to select a folder on your PC where you're going to store your bouquet files for editing. I usually create a folder on my desktop and then select it from here. Once you've made you're folder, click Browse and select it.
    Now you have selected the folder we can grab the files from the Dreambox and transfer them to it.
    Click 'Receive files from Dreambox'.
    Assuming you've scanned the satellites you're interested in, DBedit will now FTP all the required files to your selected folder and open them for editing. Once this completes close the FTP window and move back to the main window.
    Now you'll see the main window is populated with the information from your Dreambox.

When you've made your changes be sure to save them and then click FTP again to send the new updated files back to the Dreambox. Simply click 'Send Files To Dreambox' and the files will be transferred across.
    Now, here's an important point, people seem to miss this frequently, after the transfer is complete, you MUST click 'Reload Settings on Dreambox' if you fail to click this and restart the box in any other way, your updated files will not be applied.

Main Window
    The main window is split into 3 panes.
    Left pane = Services
    Middle pane = Bouquet contents.
    Right pane = Bouquet list.Within the 3 panes of the main window you'll find the Right Click is very powerful and contains the functions you'll use most.

Creating New Bouquets
    In the right hand pane right click on 'TV User Bouquets' and click 'Insert New Bouquet.
    Enter the name of the bouquet and press enter. Now you have your first bouquet, all be it empty.
    The middle pane of the main window now shows the contents of your new bouquet. (Or Any Selected Bouquet).

Adding Channels To A Bouquet.In the left hand pane is your list of scanned services from your Dreambox. You'll notice above the services pane you have 2 drop down boxes. Here you can select from the different satellites you've scanned and select different broadcast types, Data , Radio or TV. If you like you can leave both of these choices to display all types and all satellites.

I'm gonna select TV and Astra2 28.2e
    This will now filter my services list to display what I've asked for. I can now select channels from the list and drag them into my new bouquet. If I want to select multiple consecutive channels I can hold down the shift key and press the down arrow to select many channels at once. Or if I want to selet multiple channel but not consecutively I can hold down CTRL and click the channels I want. Once I have them selected they will highlight in blue and I can drag them all together into my new bouquet in the centre pane. You can drag multiple or single selections.

Markers
    You can insert 'Markers' into bouquet lists if you like to help describe a channel or a set of channels. In the centre pane simply right click and click 'Insert Marker' Enter the text you want and click ok. You can position the marker in the bouquet by dragging it up and down the list.
    You can also rearrange the channel list in a bouquet in the same way by dragging a channel up or down the list.

Save & FTP To Dreambox
    Once you have done what you want don't forget the click 'Save' at the top of the main window. Once finished you can click 'FTP' again and this time click 'Send Files To Dreambox' this will send the bouquet you've made to your dreambox. Once complete click 'Reload settings on Dreambox' to have the changes take affect.

2b0ab2e73da9ed7595374.jpga5dc7da8ce3de43.jpg6cd1aac6dce13cefd874.jpg4dd23aaa5fbf788966.jpg777a644.jpg

• Absolutely brilliant tutorial, mate. Sincere gratitude and deepest respect !

In Almighty God I trust, everyone else has to provide evidence

• Thanks for the good tut, I was able to reflash image, and load a up to date satellite.xml and bouquet on to my Dm800se. :)

• Hi

first for the great tut.

I am having trouble loading catseye the epg is blank on the tv, i just transferred all the files in the first pane, I loaded it from pc, and just pressed transfer, it was done in a split second, was I supposed to highlight them?

i will try again, first though.

1. Where is The Advanced Tab in dreamset 2.4.3 i cant see it?
    2. or this option "Allow duplicate entries in (user) bouquets' option"
    3. or "Add HDTV services' button"
    4. "grab the files from the Dreambox and transfer them to it" "Click 'Receive files from Dreambox' ........I forgot to do this,
    5. you MUST click 'Reload Settings on Dreambox' where is this setting on the Duo2, I couldn't find it.

Grrr..just noticed your not using dreamset..sigh...

• This is the tutorial you need bud: Tutorial-Full Manual Dreamset

fI7WHhv.png

Please click on the "Like" :thumbup: button if you find the information and support posted on the forum helpful.

• Hi on my vu+solo 2. I have openpli 5 to try out .It has autobouquetsmaker pretty installed with the full satallite lists. I am only looking at Astra 28.2 .Sand want to remove all of this stuff .
    How do I do it

• In autobouquetsmaker, you can remove the providers you don't want, then start scan.
    On vix, this is :
    menu-setup-service searching-autobouquetsmaker-providers, then scroll up/down to select provider and across to enable/disable that provider.
    You will then need to initiate a scan to update your bouquets.
    Openpli may be similar (not used that image in a long while though)
    Alternatively, just delete the bouquets, when highlighted, press the menu button and it may give you an option to delete the bouquet but if you have autobouquets set to download daily/weekly, the unwanted bouquets will appear unless you remove the provider from it.

• I have done that but keep on getting this message

Connecting to 192.168.1.49.

Connected.

Dreambox response: Login successful.

** Getting directory list /var/tuxbox/config/enigma/* **

Starting FTP transfer

Transfer complete

** Sending file "/var/tuxbox/config/enigma/services" **

Starting FTP transfer

Transfer aborted

Error sending file "services" to the Dreambox.

Disconnecting.

Disconnected.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!