800HD SE firmware trouble

There are 5 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 811 times. The last Post () by m_forit.

• Hello All,

I'm new on this forum and the reason I signed on is that my clone DB 800HD se is not longer working.

I wanted to update the channel list but accidently flashed the firmware.
    Now, every time i start the DB there is this message R01: CA not found.......

By reading i learned that this message appears when a wrong image is uploaded and flashed into memory.

What does work:

When I connect the DB to a laptop using USB cable in the service port (mini USB) on the back then I can connect to the box by Com7.
    Both the box and the laptop are connected to the router.
    I can see the interface where You can upload an image. But this proces stops every time saying that it is awaiting some acknowledge ?

On the back of my box is this little switch called Mini Flash Up. When I hold this while powering on then it shows the IP adress of the box.
    As I type this adres in the browser of the laptop I see the second stage interface.
    Here I can see that my box has the SSL84.

I have tried several images but non of them worked.

I have opened the box in order to see wich SIM is on board. I can see nu text on it but i haven't pulled it out yet.
    Perhaps then I can see the text.

I would really appreciate some help.

greetings, Rob

- - - Updated - - -

Here is more info.

I opened the box and the simcard says e-star V3.0.
    I downloaded the DreamUP.exe from e-star and was able to connect to the box using USB cable.
    I think now my problem is finding the right image for Openpli or whatever

Who can help me ?

greetings, Rob

• Thank you Busman

Ilooked into this list and I must say for a newby the list is to long.
    Can you give me a hint;

My clone 800HD se was running OpenPli 3.1 (picture with a lake in fall whit many red leaves)
    I would like to reinstall it as it was.

Hope to hear from you

greetings

• treid that already.

I use E-star Dreamup and connect with the box.
    The connection is HTTP.
    I use flash and load the Johnsat file.
    After that it says: Old version or wrong image.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!