How to Watch PowerVu on PC with Enigma2 and DVB Viewer

There are 16 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 10,740 times. The last Post () by mtahirghauri.

• Mates, here is the complete method to watch PowerVu channels on PC/Laptop with the help of Enigma2 receiver without any need of PC DVB card.

Requirements:
    1. Enigma2 Reaceiver (like Dreambox, Vu+, Spark Enigma2 receivers etc.) with OpenPLi Image installed (Other Image may also work if it has "Include ECM in HTTP streams" option in it).
    2. PC or Laptop
    3. DVBViewer Pro Software.
    4. PowerVu Emu v2.0 (a DVB Emu plugin)

How to:
    1. Create a new bouquet on your Enigma2 receiver, name it PowerVu (or anything) and add all PowerVu channels available with you in it.
    2. Make Sure that your Enigma2 receiver and PC are in the same network (LAN or wireless network).
    3. Give IP address of your Enigma2 receiver in the address bar of a web browser (FireFox, Opera, Chrome etc.), "OpenWebif" will open if network between your PC and Enigma2 receiver is working

properly.
    4. Go to Settings - Customize, and check "Include ECM in http streams" checkbox.
    5. Go to Bouquets in OpenWebif and see newly added bouquet (having PowerVu channels in it) and click on the TV icon beside it, a bouquet playlist "services.m3u" will download, save it somewhere.
    6. Switch your Enigma2 receiver to any channel in the PowerVu bouquet from "Openwebif" or with remote of the receiver and leave it there.
    7. Install DVB Viewer Pro.
    8. Copy "PowerVu Emu 2.0" files (PowerVuEmu.dll, PowerVuEmu.ini and Softcam.Key) to "C:\Program Files (x86)\DVBViewer\Plugins".
    9. Now we have to do settings on DVB Viewer.
    10. Go to - Settings - Options - Hardware:
    - Check "Has CI module" checkbox.
    - click "Add" button and select "File Device", "Tuner Type" is "Cable", "Status" is "Normal".
    - To add the enigma2 receiver streams to DVB Viewer, click "Settings" - "Add" - "URL". For example "http://192.168.2.10:8001/1:0:1:9:1:9:5A0000:0:0:0:"
    - Get PowerVu channels links from already downloaded "services.m3u" by opening it in notepad.
    - Set "Frequency" of first URL to "50500" (select from the drop down menu), next URL to "52000" and so on and then press OK.
    11. To scan channels, got to "TV/RADIO" - "CHANNEL SCAN":
    - TARGET ROOT: name it anything (for example "Powervu").
    - TYPE: Cable
    - TRANSPONDER LIST: none
    - SYMBOLE RATES: 6900 (only)
    - "FREQUENCY" starts from "50500" to the frequency which you gave tou your last URL.
    - Untick all checkboxes.
    - Click "Scan Range" and wait for the scan to complete.
    12. Go to "Plugins" and enable "PowerVu Emu 2.0".
    13. Go to Channel List and open your channel by clicking on it to watch it open just like an FTA channel on your PC.

And don't forget to press thanks if you like this tutorial.

Regards,
    mtahirghauri

Screenshots for guidance:

• nice tutorial thanx and whats out there billybob69 :)

PM for support 0nly with a Link to Y0ur
    P05t w1Th Wat5 up 0r 155u3 thaT5
    B33N ....... P05T3D

0D3R PATCH3D 3H ;)
    much <3 th0ugh in d0 a5 Ab0v3
    1n Wh3n 533N r3plY n PM n 58PP0rt G1v3n ;)

"I'm against Piracey so please DONT ATTACK SHIPS"
    :p

• nice tutorial thanx and whats out there billybob69 :)

There is a racing channel on 4.8e which I believe is used by the UK bookies to screen live racing. Also there are some Discovery type channels using the PowerVU encryption. I did an initial google search and there was a couple of blogs claiming to have the keys for those channels.
    I'm not sure how credible this is as I'm sure that the ability to get live racing would be all over the t'internet.

bb69

• no need for DVB Viewer anymore

oscam-emu can do it

ive read that this also stops you other channels clearing when using oscam alone ;)

thanx Billybob69 i need stick another dish up to access that sat :)

B33N ....... P05T3D

0D3R PATCH3D 3H ;)

• many thanx :)

B33N ....... P05T3D

0D3R PATCH3D 3H ;)

• how can it work without any additional pc with vlc player to play the powervu channels from enigma2. any config correction for enigma2 receiver to show the powervu channels from it video output?

• no you read wrong
    all other sats be it from card or line or biss
    work fine
    works just like any other oscam with powervu added

I gave this a try about 6 weeks ago & got nowhere?
    Oscam server setup was unsettled by using Oscam-emu...

Mind my knowledge on Oscam is minimal anyways likes??

If my post helps hit the Thanks ;-)

• how can it work without any additional pc with vlc player to play the powervu channels from enigma2. any config correction for enigma2 receiver to show the powervu channels from it video output?

If you have a dreambox look here: http://linuxsat-support.com/showthread.php?t=96574
    Otherwise, look here:http://linuxsat-support.com/showthread.php?t=88764&highlight=powervu
    and/or here:http://linuxsat-support.com/showthread.php?t=87129&highlight=powervu

• thanks the links it also help but all my struggling still no success yet to get my dreambox display the powervu channel but work on my pc with vlc after adding the iptv to the bouquet. testing AFN on Intelsat 10-02 at 1.0°W. i filled the iptv from the m3u file i play the channel on my pc used the SID and also try change the ip to 127.0.0.1 i think right SID is my problem please more help

• i am using openpli4.0 on one of the dm800se most of the oscam didn't work with my dreambox but this OSCam r10943 work great. i will like to try latest oscam if i get my dreambox display the powervu channel. i still never know how to fix this problem i don't want to keep using vlc on a separate pc to watch. thanks joeuser, i need more help.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!