Satellite and XBMC/Kodi setup

There are 2 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,537 times. The last Post () by CarrotCruncher.

• Hi to all

I hope I am posting this in the correct area, please forgive me if I am not!

I am happy with my own personal setup of a couple of VU+ Zeros and a Technomate. However a family member has shown an interest and he wants to setup a home media system in his new house. He will look at a VU+ for lounge and bedroom and then getting picture feeds to other areas of the house. It is a big 5 bedroom detached house so he is planning cables etc.

He loves films, new and old so he was looking at a Kodi android box. Is this available on a VU+ Solo 2 or another box like Mut@nt and how does it compare to a dedicated Android box?

He has set a budget of around £600 for hardware, he has all the TVs ready for use.

What is the best way to approach this?

Thanks to all

CC

• Afternoon.On a personal note,I have a Solo2 set up running the latest Blackhole image which includes XBMC /Kodi which has loads of addons for films,sport etc.A lot of them are geo blocked in this country so a VPN is in order or just set up a proxy which myself and many others did to use 1Channel which is still running sweet 2 years down the line.I have a coax feed to my bedroom and a Faval ir extender so I can change channels from upstairs.I had to use a Mercury rf modulator for the coax from the Vu as there is no rf output but the picture is very good.Obviously as you have stated your family member has a big area to feed to but I think it is doable.Just a little input to get you going

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!