no ca

There are 12 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 3,163 times. The last Post () by daveangel.

• hi

trying to recover a dm800 from no ca using ten's guide. dreamup connects to the box and sends boot loader via serial. when complete it says waiting for acknowledgment and thats it. doesnt get to the 2nd stage loader.

any help would be great about now!

thanks

• following the flash part in the readme by dragging dm800 repair over dreamup works, checks checksum of image then says waiting for ok from box.

the first time dreamup connects it sends flash and seems to wait forever on "waiting for acknowledgment"

i tried to flash ignoring the waiting for ack message, which is when i get waiting for box.

am i just being too quick ya reckon? trying to flash

• Daveangel, just use dreamup to get an ip, then flash as normal from your broswer, far better than waiting on dreamup to flash the image.

• thanks guys. the problem is dreamup doesnt get to the point where it resolves an ip address.

Use the patched version of Dreamup, by forhike and natas, i just tried to upload it for you, but it wouldn't let me, it's easy to find on forums.

• Official Post

Have had a search on this and the following solution appears to work.

1. connect via serial using NULL Modem cable and Ethernet to router and pc.. ( if you don't have a Null modem cable you can purchase here null modem cable found EDITED.. ANYWHERE

2. load patched version of dreamup, select your com port and then click connect and power on dm800

3. when initialised it will display http serial mode on lcd and show dhcp ip once ip is displayed dreamup as served its purpose and now its in flashmode

4. log into webshell on pc using the 192.168.x.xxx address on LCD disply and flash as normal.

You could also try flashing a lower version of bootloader.

• hi guys

thanks to all that posted. got back into it. for some reason it didnt like the serial port on my machine. the laptop didnt work at all "integer ...." but turning of the fifo buffer on com solved that and away it went.

still dont understand what caused it? bad flash??

i cant get bl76c and dream elite 133D to have it one bit?

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!