Vigica C100S with Openelec (Almost Perfect)

There are 9 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 6,615 times. The last Post () by paulmoore.

• Hi I recently bought a Vigica C100S, a £50 single DVB-S2 tuner from china with android OS, kodi, cccam etc. When I got it i quickly realised that the UI for the DVB was severely lacking and that channel lists etc were going to be a nightmare.

I decided that Openelec with tvheadend was the way forward and started reading around as I have no experience with this setup, finding a compatible image wasn't easy but in the end I went with vitmod 2.1 and thought I should share the outcome with the forum as it's been so helpful when it came to getting my head around things.

I have created the vitmod v2.1 micro SD card using win32diskimager and the image from http://4pda.ru/forum/index.php?showt...#entry39619319 (Thanks to Vitaly_S and Google Translate)

I then renamed the kernel on the SD Card and replaced it with the one from http://4pda.ru/forum/index.php?showt...#entry39937060

I booted with the SD Card inserted and openelec booted fine, I setup OSCam using https://tvheadend.org/boards/13/topics/13301

I installed tvheadend-3.9.2712 from the 1st link and configured it using the guide http://linuxsat-support.com/showthread.php?t=78286 (Using a DTH Bouquet for local tv with SD channels preferred and the Irish bouquet with all apart from the setanta channels disabled) and installed the TVHeadend HTSP Client.
    (There is an update for tvheadend available but I haven't updated it yet as I'm not sure whether this will be compatible, when i have this system tested i will try updating to see how it affects it)

I am currently using OpenTV and PyEPG but some channels are missing from it, I have tried different combinations but this is the best 1 i have found so far as other combinations/changing channel numbers of BBC One HD seem to affect things somehow and cause glitches.

Everything seems to work ok then out of nowhere i will have Oscam issues, i remove the SD card and boot in android and can confirm it's not my C-line but I cannot understand what is actually causing the problem, I am starting to think it might not actually be linked to me adding EIT DVB Grabber in the epg grabber settings and if I can figure out the real issue then I might be able to have EPG for the other channels too. I am using OSCam r10615 if anyone would like to see any logs let me know as any help would be greatly appreciated.

I am new to all of this so please bare that in mind but I cannot see any problems with the original system from running this alongside it, I'm sure if somebody who actually has experience of this stuff were to get involved the kinks could be ironed out fairly easily, eg. updating tvheadend/oscam could well fix this but i have no idea whether or not different versions are hardware specific, I also can't confirm that the custom openelec is working as it should.

I hope this saves people the hours of trial and error I have endured over the past few weeks and reassures anyone sitting on the fence that it is possible to get these cheap little boxes up and running with Openelec. There is a lack of an English speaking community but hopefully that will change shortly with a bit of help from linuxsat-support, after all if a complete noob can get it up and running using using a russian website imagine the possibilities for experts with a good support forum :)

- - - Updated - - -

A few general questions i could do with clarification on before moving forward if anyone is feeling helpful

1. Could anyone tell me if the latest arm-cortex version of oscam from the OSCam link on the top of the page would be compatible with this box? It has an AMLogic S805 Cortex A5. The version i am running is Build r10615 compiler armv7a-openelec-linux-gnueabi

2. Has anyone been successful at using openelec 6 and if so which version did you use?

3. Do TVHeadend updates work for all setups or are they hardware specific as OSCam and Openelec appear to be? Are there any reasons not to update?

full spec available here http://www.smartvboxs.com/prod…00s-new.html#.ViUZ6H6rSJA

• I bought this receiver now. Please send me SD card image so that I can try it.
    I click on those links; I cant read Russian language.

Your help me will be much appreciated.
    I am using 2 LNBs that is 9.0E & 28.2E

Kind regards

• If you right-click on the page it should give you the option to translate to English

- - - Updated - - -

I'm not sure if a single tuner can handle 2 LNBs tbh, maybe someone with more experience can help you there, this is more a work in progress for me as I'm picking it up as I go along. I have recently realised that my wifi isn't being detected so i'm working on that now.

• Thanks very much for opening this thread!
    Information about using openelec on the c100s is quite rare.
    So far i'm using the box with the original firmware with a monoblock astra/hotbird lnb.
    No serious problems but i would like to have the comfortability of OpenELEC.

I followed your description but i couldn't find any kernel so far which would show me any wifi connection.
    Hopefully someone will find a way to fix this soon.
    I also replaced the system with openelec 6 but it stops booting when the logo is coming up!

• @ bago82
    Excellent work,
    The glitches may be due to lack of RAM.
    I would wait for AMLogic 812 with DVB tuner integrated as 805 got only 1GB RAM and 812 has got more possibilities like supporting 4k HEVC codec etc. octa core GPU..!!

• The Vigica C100S has a sophisticated DTV android app on board, appr. 2 MB of code.
    While at the installation menu, pressing '1' six times opens access to biss and c-line settings.
    The biss data are store in a sql3 database; note that frequency is decimal while sid and biss are to be entered in hexadecimal without spaces.
    The sql3 is also importable and exportable, like the mw_st1 and mw_s files that hold sat/tsp. data (st1) and services data (s1).
    These files belong together as s1 entries reference st1 entries just by their sat index (first sat record in the st1 is index 0) and transponder per sat index.
    In st1 sat data are preceded by blocks for the transponders on that sat. The transponder index used in s1 is the index in the transponder list per satellite in st1.
    Dish-motor control is also catered for and has its own data file. Sat names have variable length and are preceded by a length byte.

Channel/service order is just the order of appearance of the records in s1. Each record has variable length as names get preceded by a byte that gives the names length and a series of embedded data blocks can be present a number of times, or not present, always indicated in a single leading byte that is either zero or gives the number of times a certain block type will follow. Within blocks there can again be optional embedded blocks preceded by their flag byte.

Each file starts with four 4-byte strings, MSB and MSb first, that give the file length minus 4, the crc-32, the format version number, and the number of records to follow.
    Rosetta stone: crc-32 is not the standard one but the mpeg variety crc-32-mpeg.
    Check and double-check the proper structure of these files when you change them. Errors wil hang up the software and the box.

• I've started looking into kodibuntu as Ubuntu 14 seems to have the drivers for kernel 3.10.33 but so far I have not been able to get one to boot and my Linux knowledge needs work before I can compile my own. If anyone could supply any info about compiling it as a secondary OS that boots from SD card I'd be extremely grateful.

Did you have a chance to work a bit more on that box ?

i'm looking at getting a K1 S2 box now that the price has dropped, it's supposed to be hardware compatible with your Vigica C100S but i can't find the tuner chip reference for that S2 tuner to check the state of that linux dvb driver.

I don't know if you've noticed but there seem to be fairly recent linux images for the K1 boxes, mostly on 4PDA russian forum.

If you still have a linux running with working dvb could you please send me the output of "sudo lspci -vv" ?
    thx

• I just came across this thread while Googling and would like to ask if it is relevant to the Vigica C90S....

I've been using one of these for over a year and am reasonably happy with it, but get a little frustrated with the UI to the TV player. Creating channel lists is very awkward and time consuming. If I manage to install a different TV player, would I be able to estore the original if things went belly up?

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!