Please give proposals for new addons & modifications on E2iPlayer aka IPTVPlayer

There are 552 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 66,161 times. The last Post () by ssj.

• Hello,

This weekend I can add new host, so question to users to give the proposal.
    Maybe something for users of other national Spain, Portugal, Russia, Czech Republic, Italy...

Please give proposals I will choose one.

Regards,
    SSS

- - - Updated - - -

hi guys
    nice work, thanks
    any chance of having a download option of this on the linuxsat suppost addons plugin,
    would be handy
    cheers

Just press Green button to change mode to Downloader from Player :)

Regards,
    SSS

- - - Updated - - -

Dear users,

Due to the fact that the list of supported hosts grows I want to remind you of the possibilities to disable some hosts and to change order of icons.

To do this go to plugin configuration:

press OK on "Services configuration":

press Left/Right button to enable/disable the selected host:

press Menu button to transmit to reordering mode:

press OK to select host and Up/Down to change host position:

Regards,
    SSS

• nice man found something i know its polish but you might be intrested for your own use goldvod a polish live streaming

• Hmm, goldvod is already available in IPTVPlayer from a long time, go webstreams plugin...

I think that you are not using IPTVPlayer ;)

Before you are asked to add ilive which was also already available :)

• In version "89.01.02.00":
    - improving subtitles searching for TV shows has been made

Due to some problem with searching subtitles for TV shows (more infor here" http://forum.opensubtitles.org/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=15244), I decided to implement some workaround.
    Now user should search by whole series name and in search result list select "series name (TV series)".
    After then the episodes list will be presented.

For example when we want to download subtitles for the "humans s1e2", we should search for "humans" and then in search results choose item "Humans (2015) TV Series" and then "s01e02...".

If you will have some problems with this new improvement do not be shy to inform me.

Regards,
    SSS

• Just saw this thread today. I installed it yesterday as I found it in another thread, linked below.

Looks & works great. It would be nice if LocalMedia & Favourites are on the top line of icons.

Also Would be great if I could add my local link (m3u to remote link) as an icon. Also if rearranging icons was possible so I could move my added link as an icon to the top. Just an idea.

It kept saying no free space on hdd but there was space. I changed player to internal+ no buffer and works like that.

Please keep it small & fast. Works great, thanks.

http://linuxsat-support.com/showthread.php?t=30201&p=311667#post311667

Edited once, last by chhertz ().

• ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    According to problem with buffering:
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

You probably want to play HLS/m3u8 stream. For this kind of stream by default the buffering on disk is enabled in IPTVPlayer configuration.
    You can disable buffering for m3u8 by default but this is not it is not recommended.
    Or you can connect external storage to your STB and set buffering path in IPTVPlayer configuration (this is recommended).

It is better to use external movie player event without buffering.
    With internal movie player your STB can hangs up on dead links.

Additionally with internal movie player the functionality of subtitles downloading from opensubtilies.org will not work and some other functionality too.

So, I strongly recommend to use external movie player even without buffering (however, buffering is preferred).

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    According to "It would be nice if LocalMedia & Favourites are on the top line of icons.":

Please read my post on this page you can change order host by your self similar as channels in your channel list.

According to "Also Would be great if I could add my local link (m3u to remote link) as an icon. Also if rearranging icons was possible so I could move my added link as an icon to the top. Just an idea."

As it was metioned before order of hosts can be changed by your self from IPTVPlayer services configuration menu.
    I'm sorry but I do not fully understand.
    You want to add m3u list as separate host (icon in main menu)?

Edited 2 times, last by samsamsam ().

• Thanks samsamsam for the wonderful reply.

1- I will try those settings and some external players as you advised. Those are all good information to know about preferred stream types, codecs, buffering and players. This plugin is really well coded as I can see from preferences. I will try to optimize as you advised.

2- That's good to know I can rearrange icons. I just installed it yesterday and have to play and learn it much more.

3- Yes that would be cool to add our own links as icons in homepage. So you can save a local m3u on hdd which is pointing to one or more remote streams. Then we can move it to the top of icons as you said. This can have a generic icon. Basically it's much faster to access than favorites. I already assigned my Green button on remote to this plugin. Then just press OK on first icon which would be our local m3u file. Would be very fast and nice with just 2 quick clicks. Just less clicks & steps than Local Media & Favourites. Also can have more than one customized m3u buttons, all can have the same icon. Just an idea.

Thanks again for the plugin & your help above.

• I can prepar template custom host which can play single m3u file, so you can copy it and change link inside, but generaly each host must have own icon.

So, in the next week I will give you probably update.

Regards,
    SSS

• Fantastic, a generic template for a single custom host would be great and very useful. Hopefully by then I'll play and learn more about the plugin too.

Thanks again, have a good week. :)

- - - Updated - - -

Tip for those installing this. I found out why there was error "no space free on hdd" while playing. I just had to create a folder called movie in the root of hdd. That is where it is bufffering. The plugin needs another folder for cache called IPTVCache, but it is crerated automatically.

I set my buffer to 2 (mb) only as I watch mainly streaming TV channels, youtube etc. Sam has his set to 120 which is good for movies and big files. Default is 5 which is a good compromise.

I rearranged my icons as Sam said & wrote in OP ^ (Doh, I did not see):

Just as Sam said in:
    Configuration: Services Configuration: menu (button on remote): Press on any in list to turn RED: Press up-down keys: OK to place: Green button to save

Another tip for new users, in:

Configuration: Services Configuration: Press on any item in list

This gives you the settings for that item. For example in Youtube, I changed the video format from mp4 to both mp4 & flv and changed quality to best.

Exiting by exit key works well in favourites. In LocalMedia, exit sometimes asks for confirmation in Polish language but it stopped doing that now, just pressing exit a couple of times exits. Some streams need pressing stop button under yellow button on remote.

Also on remote:

For most streams, movies , youtube etc, you can go forward and back in streams:

1 = rewind << 20sec.s
    4 = rewind << 1minute
    7 = rewind << 5min.s

3 = forward >> 20sec.s
    6 = forward >> 1minute
    9 = forward >> 5min.s

Obviously it does not work for live TV Channels.

2 requests to Sam:

1- I can search for a channel in youtube. I can add a youtube video to favourites. But I can not save a youtube CHANNEL in favourites or in youtube section.
    Can we have a feature where we can save a Youtube Channel in favourites?

2- Can we have an option for youtube search: play all search results one after another.
    And then at bottom of first page of search results, it starts palying the results of search from page 2 then page 3 etc.

What this option does is we search for a word in youtube, then it plays all results automatically. It turns it into a custom TV channel on whatever word you search for. very powerful.
    Can be a setting in youtube confiiguration:
    Autoplay All Search Results: Yes/No.

Thanks again.

Edited 2 times, last by chhertz ().

• Hello,

Tip for those installing this. I found out why there was error "no space free on hdd" while playing. I just had to create a folder called movie in the root of hdd. That is where it is bufffering. The plugin needs another folder for cache called IPTVCache, but it is crerated automatically.

It is not easier for you to go to the config and change recording and buffering path to existing directory, as I show on screenshot? Than you will not have to create folder manually.

I set my buffer to 2 (mb) only as I watch mainly streaming TV channels, youtube etc. Sam has his set to 120 which is good for movies and big files. Default is 5 which is a good compromise.

Even if you set 10MB you can at any time press "OK" to start playing. Some videos from different host required more than 2MB to star playing for example 8MB from video shared hosting.

1- I can search for a channel in youtube. I can add a youtube video to favourites. But I can not save a youtube CHANNEL in favourites or in youtube section.
    Can we have a feature where we can save a Youtube Channel in favourites?

No it is not possible. Only item can be added to favourites. However, you can create file called ytlist.txt and in this file add your favorite channels.
    For example:

Code
    channel_name ; https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCd6Ix_foUXZi-L4JimraRdA/videos

Than you will have access to videos from this channel in sub category "User links" in Youtube host.

2- Can we have an option for youtube search: play all search results one after another.

Press "8" on your remote to enable play sequencer.

Press LEFT or RIGHT arrow and hold to make free jump at any buffered video time.

Edited 3 times, last by samsamsam ().

• Hi Sam,

* I just wanted to use the default hdd/movie because it was quicker to create a folder on my PCs Windows network folder.

###################################################

* That is good to know pressing OK loads before buffer is complete. I played with a few numbers already. 2mb seems to be OK for the streams I use. Pressing OK is even better.

###################################################

* That ylist is as good as favourites. Thanks, For new users, in youtube section: BLUE Button: Configure host
    You will see option for ylist.txt location. create it as Sam said.

Name can be anything ; link is video section of any channel

example 2 channels
    hdd/ylist.txt

Code
    Led Zepppppp ; https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYtap7ujIPaxTS2iCDoMi3g/videos
    Beatles on IPTVPlayer ; https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2XdaAVUannpujzv32jcouQ/videos

then in youtube section: User Links: --All-- (or even in --other--)
    you see your channels

There was a bug, a channel I saved was storing links from other channel I deleted. I deleted /tmp/ and /IPTVCache files & folders but was still there. I deleted that line in ylist.txt and restarted IPTVPlayer and added the line again. The bug was gone.

##################################################

* Pressing 8 works. Press it when showing list of search results. Press again to switch off, you have to be quick if it is set to on. But pressing exit a couple of times exits fast.

* I will try the < and > on the remote. That is another very good function.

Mioht be a good idea to have a folder in //Root/etc/IPTVPlayer for saving config and setting files in future.

Thanks for everything Sam. Thank you also to your team members. Very good coding.

Thanks also for your replies, much appreciated. :)

• Thank you. No problem :)

You can also use group marker to goup links in ytlist.txt and urllist.txt files:

Code
    [group_name 1] link name 1 ; http://...
    [group_name 1] link name 2 ; http://...
    [another group] my video 1 ; http://...
    [another group] my video 2 ; http://...

Another, maybe interested for you function can be support for subtitles from Youtube.
    When you watch video with subtitles you can press blue button in media player then choose "Suggested" to download and enable youtube subtitles.

Regards,
    SSS

Edited 2 times, last by samsamsam ().

• Thanks Sam,

Both are good tips. I will try them. Manual grouping in txt file lets me import and replace tags from my youtube bookmarks. I have many.

Thanks very much :)

- - - Updated - - -

Is it possible to add BBC iPlayer to this plugin? It works from inside TSmedia, current version 10.9.
    It was originally a separate plugin developed and changed by others for Enigma2 but it stopped working after BBC changed some protocols and API sets.
    The XBMC version was added to TSmedia and still works for me from inside TSmedia.

http://www.tunisia-dreambox.in…mbox-e2-addons-2/TSmedia/

http://linuxsat-support.com/showthread.php?t=70214&page=3

On Demand section:
    http://linuxsat-support.com/forumdisplay.php?f=806

It only works in UK and is blocked outside UK.

Many would be Thankful if it is possible.

I attach the section for BBC iPlayer inside TSmedia plugin as a zip file.

Thanks again.

• Hi Sam,

I don't use or have Proxies. Can you add the link at bottom to: "Web Streams Player" section?

It is updated almost every day with new links. Some English some Spanish. It is the best free IPTV package with many links I found. Working for nearly a year now, before was legit.m3u. Top ones in each section usually work. I use it as my default link for my Kodi boxes in TV/Live Channels section.

Please note if you download the m3u, it is no good as it changes every few days with updated links. Needs new remote live linking in "Web Streams Player" section.

http://file.xbmcmxtv.com/2legit.m3u

The IPTV Player is a superb Mega plugin. Thanks Sam & to your team :)

Edited once, last by chhertz ().

• Hello,

It was added to the webstream host in version "89.03.00.00" as xbmcmxtv.

If you want to change order of the services in webstream host or disable not or disable any unnecessary, you should create file:

Code
    /etc/enigma2/iptvplayerwebstreamorder

In each line you can set alias of service if the alias start from "!" the service will be disabled.

For example if you want to move "xbmcmxtv" to top and disable "vidtv.pl":
    /etc/enigma2/iptvplayerwebstreamorder

Code
    xbmcmxtv
    !vidtv.pl

The full list of aliases:

Regards,
    SSS

• Hi Sam,

Thanks, I upgraded to latest version and can see xbmcmxtv now and tested a few channels. they are working well.
    Users please note the working channels are usually at top of each section in xbmcmxtv.
    Also you need to upgrade to latrest version as Sam said, upgrade icon is the last one if not automatically upgraded.

##############################################################

You are reading my mind. I was looking to bring USTVNOW to the top after I entered my email & password.
    I did not see changing order in Blue button.
    I could not see iptvplayerwebstreamorder working until I upgraded. Thanks very much. It is working now. I also noticed iptvplayerhostsorder, very cool.

Users please note in Web Streams player, press blue button. Then each plugin needing configuring has it's own section.
    USTVNOW is near the bottom. It has 7 channels, but these are the famnous Major US TV Netwroks.
    You need to register on www.ustvnow.com and every 45 days or so might need to reregister with a new email.
    The schedule is also there. A better less known link for schedule I use is:

http://www.ustvnow.com/gtv/

##############################################################

Sam,

Is it possible to add a radio player like winamp or XiiaLive (my favourite android radio app) that can search and play Shoutcast database?
    It has hundreds of thousands of radio/audio streams in it's database.
    Tunein is mainly using the ubercast engine (mainly US commercial radios) & only some of Shoutcast streams, so not as good as winamp. XiiaLive app has both engines and is the best on android.
    I can not see any radio search on IPTV Player for shoutcast or even ubercast.

Is it possible to add a shoutcast searcher? There are over half a million radios/streams in it's search engine.

http://shoutcast.com/search

Thanks again for everything Sam.

My new reordered Web Streams Player:

:)

• Ok thanks Sam. If you recommend a certain shoutcast plugin for e2, let us know. Thanks.

- - - Updated - - -

Shoutcast for e2 plugin had been crashing (GSoD) for a couple of years for me but just found a stable version and imported some bookmarks too.

#####################################

Is it possible to add section:

Phoenix: Phoenix TV: Entertainment: 24 / 7 TV

From Phoenix plugin to IPTV Player plugin?

It has a good selection of 24/7 streaming channels of classic TV series.

Thanks.

• Hello,

I do not know "Phoenix: Phoenix TV: Entertainment: 24 / 7 TV" what it is?

On your screenshot I can see that o you are using default skin.
    Go to IPTVPlayer configuration and change oprion Skin from default to "Mamrot3" then exit from IPTVPlayer and open it once again.

Regards,
    SSS

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!