Sundtek USB Tuner DVB-T/T2 Saorview issue

There are 7 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,826 times. The last Post () by codar.

• Yesterday I received a Sundtek USB tuner. I got it installed no problem, threw on the Sundtek control panel via the Linuxsat Support handy app, and got scanning for stations.

At first it didn't pick up anything. In the end I managed to find the Saorview transmitter frequencies here then put that information in with the 8khz frequency range and got 36 channels (Radio and TV).

However this was using channel 30. If I scan channel 33, I get nothing.

I'm using an indoor aerial and the channels that are found are on Mux 1, none of the Mux 2 channels are found.

Here is the weird bit. Using the same aerial, in the same position, but hooked up directly to the RF port on our television, I get all of the channels on both muxes.

Am I missing a setting on the Sundtek setup? Hope someone can help! :)

N.B. I did try Kippure on 54/58 but got no channels.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh and one other question. I was hoping to edit my bouqets with the editor in Open Webif, but I can only get 1 channel from the provider list (all 36 I currently have show up fine in the providers list in the EPG section).

Better to cut my losses and use the Dreambox editor software instead perhaps? I'd like to somehow automate re-adding the channels in to particular bouqets as well after using the Rat updater plugin. Save me from having to keep re-editing bouqets after each update to add my Saorview channels back in.

Thanks a lot for any help you wizards can give! :)

• Something similar here also, entered in woodcock hill muxes and no channels but did an autoscan and it picked them all up.
    I have read reports that some usb tuners work better with a powered hub (haven't tried it to be honest though as working ok now, solo2 with vix)
    I've a cheap usb tuner attached to my zero with the same aerial feed (vix image also) and it picks up the muxes by entering the channel numbers without difficulty.
    Also I doubt signal is an issue here as I'm only a stones throw away from the transmitter (If anything, I could have too much signal)
    I think there might be an option to check for a driver update on the sundtek control plugin (not in front of my receiver to check it though)

• Autoscan did the same for me, but still only 36 channels. I've a Solo 2 as well. I have the Sundtek panel set to auto update the driver etc too. It has 1 tuner set up on it, I thought with it being DVB-T2 it could use 2 tuners for some reason.

• First thing I'd do is to re-align aerial for best possible reception. (I understand that it works on your tv but the sundtek tuner may not be as sensitive as your tv tuner)
    Failing that, I'd give another image a try (but I don't think it will make much difference though, but maybe worth a go)
    Also worth considering, a powered usb hub between your tuner and receiver (if you have one, but again not 100% sure if it will make any difference.)

• Got it sorted! But in a very odd and not at all convoluted way!

Taking in to account the above steps I took to scan in 36 channels, I then went in to the Openvix menu and in to ABM.

Once in ABM I was able to see the terrestrial Saorview and Freeview settings. By running a Saorview scan to the same transmitter, it sorted it all out in the EPG for me and for some bizarre reason I now have access to both muxes!

The easy way to tell was I had access to RTE1 HD and RTE Jr. Both of which are on the 2nd mux. Also in the ABM settings I set it to not touch my Rat bouqets, which it didn't. So those should always stay in theory and any time I update Rat I'll have to edit the bouquets. Perhaps I could set up a script to automate it during the small hours?

Anyway, that's that sorted! Delighted now as RTE have Champions League matches in HD. :20_003:

• master G

Added the Label DVB-T/T2 USB Tuner
  • master G

Changed the title of the thread from “Sundtek USB DVB-T/T2 Saorview issue” to “Sundtek USB Tuner DVB-T/T2 Saorview issue”.

Enigma2 DVB - FBC - USB Tuners

Enigma2 Tuners. Articles, Downloads and Support for DVB-S2 Tuners, DVB-S2X Tuners, DVB-C/T2 Tuners, DVB-C USB Tuners, DVB-T/T2 USB Tuners, DVB-T/T2/C USB Tuners, FBC Tuners, and Tuner Drivers.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!