basic questions about mgcamd newcamd.list and mg cfg files

There are 6 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 7,394 times. The last Post () by fredphoesh.

• Hello all,

The tutorials are above my head, so have to ask.
    I have a newcamd.list file and a cccam.cfg file, and copied the newcamd.list to the user/keys folder on my VU zero.
    I've installed the mgcamd plugin

I also have a solo 2 box that runs fine and I noticed it has a mg_cfg file with the newcamd.list file. But on my Zero box there is no mg_cfg file... is this other file necessary, can I create it from my newcamd.list file... the basic question is, how do I make the newcamd.list file work?

Thanks!
    Fred

VU+ Solo2 ¦¦ VU+ Zero ¦¦ VU+ Zero for parents

• I have attached the configs that work on all the latest images..

CCcam.cfg file is for CCcam, mgcamd won`t read it..

What are you trying to do, use a C or N line ?

Hi MasterG, thans for the response. Well, I don't know the difference, but I guess N stands for Newcamd...so I guess that since I am using that on my other Solo box...

I am guessing my problem is i dont have a newcamd.list AND the mg_cfg file in the user/keys folder. On my solo2 box I DO have both these files in the keys folder, and when I copy those two files over to the keys folder on my zero box, it clears fine... This second box cant have the same keys since I am giving it to my parents and it wont be running at the same house.

tx
    Fred.
    PS, I just joined the vip programme...

• Are you trying to use the same server details on both receivers ? Are you trying to setup a server and share to the second box ?

Hi
    I want to use separate keys on the boxes...
    Actually, ideally I would like to use two keys on my own boxes and use one of the keys on my parents box. They live at their own house, so have their own box and I have a newcamd.list file for them, but it did not come with the mg_cfg file. The main thing at the moment is getting their box working with their newcamd.list file... which it does not, probably because there is no mg_cfg file on their box.

• Use the mg_cfg i attached in post #2..

I have just tried, and it still does not work... I think I know the problem. The newcamd.list file which does not work, does not have these 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 13 14 numbers at the end of the string... it ends with the username and password... so presumably the file is not formatted correctly if it does not have those numbers? The one that does end, has those numbers plus lan server1 at the end of the number string.

tx
    Fred
    ps are are mg_cfg files specific to the model, ie would all vu zero have he same mg cfg file?

- - - Updated - - -

Ah, I think I got it to work by adding CWS_KEEPALIVE = 60 at the start of the key and 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 13 14 lan at the end... now it clears fine...
    thanks for the help... though I would love to know what the mg cfg files are, are they generic, the one you sent is much longer than the one I have on my solo2 box.

tx

Edited 2 times, last by fredphoesh ().

MGCamd Support Forum

Configs, discussion, downloads and guides for MGCamd Softcam.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!