Sky 0960: All channels on Sky Atlantic transponder went black (rejected ECMs)

There are 425 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 137,590 times. The last Post () by master G.

• diff --git a/oscam-ecm.c b/oscam-ecm.c
    index 0605860..8a4a99e 100644
    --- a/oscam-ecm.c
    +++ b/oscam-ecm.c
    @@ -2113,6 +2113,29 @@ void get_cw(struct s_client *client, ECM_REQUEST *er)
    }
    }

+if ((er->caid >> 8) == 0x09) { //videoguard new icam
    + char *debughex, icam_custom[5];
    + if ((debughex = (char *)malloc((er->ecmlen*2)+1))) {
    + cs_hexdump(0, er->ecm, er->ecmlen, debughex, (er->ecmlen*2)+1);
    +
    + if (er->ecm[4]) { //indicates new ecm format
    + cs_log("New videoguard (caid %04X) ecm format: icam offset: 0x%X icam data: 0x%02X 0x%02X 0x%02X 0x%02X ecm_len: 0x%X ecm: %s",
    + er->caid,
    + er->ecm[4],
    + er->ecm[er->ecmlen-4],
    + er->ecm[er->ecmlen-3],
    + er->ecm[er->ecmlen-2],
    + er->ecm[er->ecmlen-1],
    + er->ecmlen,
    + debughex);
    +
    + er->ecmlen -= 4; //decrease ecmlen with -4 bytes since icam data is at the end of the ecm (4 byte len)
    + memcpy(icam_custom, "\x48", 1); memcpy(icam_custom+1, er->ecm+er->ecmlen-4, 4); /* send icam_custom command from here and read reaply which reaply we need to analyse */
    + }
    + free(debughex);
    + }
    +}
    +
    #ifdef MODULE_NEWCAMD
    // Set providerid for newcamd clients if none is given
    if(!er->prid && client->ncd_server)

Thats whats in the patch anyway...are they trying methods maybe tried on sly italia to see if it works?

• cant see why we need a fix now i would wait till it all went off then release the patch were just playing into sky hand by fixing it now if there is a possible fix?

Help asked via PM will be ignored.
    The forum is there for help and all will benefit from your questions.

• cant see why we need a fix now i would wait till it all went off then release the patch were just playing into sky hand by fixing it now if there is a possible fix?

Doesn't matter when it's fixed if now or next month when there all off i'm sure sky will still manage to kill it off

• if gets fixed as quick & easy as that it will only force their hand to copy italia & swap out all the millions of sd boxes at a cost which will get passed on to the customer

if they did that surely it would take months and at least we would all know where we stand

• Having been looking deeply into the open source software for a little clue for something else, i found reference to BEECRYPT.

now i know they use videoguard, but would they be using beecrypt as an onboard algorithm similar to virginmedia RSA key sets?

ive been reading through the beecrypt details on their website and they deal with alot of different encryption techniques. maybe this is what we need find out what the actual icam is generating its coding sequence from?

is it ok for me to post a link to the beecrypt page then if anyone who is fairly fluent in security algorithms can see if they can spot anything likely? also the open source firmware will allow you to make a firmware with console access and install custom firmware through the cfe in configuration.

I am prepared to give that a shot and see what comes up if i can get a build and console opened on the box.

• Ok the main page link I have is http://beecrypt.sourceforge.net/

On that page it gives 2 links for the api documentation and the c++ api documentation.

Sky open source firmware is built using c++ mips toolchains, that much I know, I am still in process of building the firmware but as soon as I have any further information from the box, I will disclose it.

I am still waiting on delivery of the chip adaptor for my up818 to dump the chip further I have dropped a few bits via the rs232 port.

If anyone wants to replicate the rs232 read, it's simply a case of setting putty to use 57000 baud rate. Then power the box from the mains.

• I think there wont ever be a patch, ppl need to get to grips with the party is over. If a soloution is found it will be some chinese or Arab payserver. And if someone does come up with a soloution then Sky IT also opens and there will be a knock at the door in the middle of the night! :rolleyes:

• I think there wont ever be a patch, ppl need to get to grips with the party is over. If a soloution is found it will be some chinese or Arab payserver. And if someone does come up with a soloution then Sky IT also opens and there will be a knock at the door in the middle of the night! :rolleyes:

At the minute it may look like a patch will not ever be available, however if you take a look at the work going on behind the scenes you will see solutions are being trialled and tested to find the workaround. if the Chinese or Arabic payservers find a fix then thats fine, however there is a lot of work going on for the hobbyists that arent into running big payservers. today for example 3 patches have been built and tested including by myself. unfortunately it is a slow process as with anything security related but dont be put off. I was always taught that if man can make it man can break it ;). This certainly wont be the exception to the rule.

At the minute it may look like a patch will not ever be available, however if you take a look at the work going on behind the scenes you will see solutions are being trialled and tested to find the workaround. if the Chinese or Arabic payservers find a fix then thats fine, however there is a lot of work going on for the hobbyists that arent into running big payservers. today for example 3 patches have been built and tested including by myself. unfortunately it is a slow process as with anything security related but dont be put off. I was always taught that if man can make it man can break it ;). This certainly wont be the exception to the rule.

Im following the post on Streamboard and it looks promising just slow , some very clever guys working on it and there is hope guys looks like there not going to stop until they crack it well done guys and keep up the good work :thumbup:

At the minute it may look like a patch will not ever be available, however if you take a look at the work going on behind the scenes you will see solutions are being trialled and tested to find the workaround. if the Chinese or Arabic payservers find a fix then thats fine, however there is a lot of work going on for the hobbyists that arent into running big payservers. today for example 3 patches have been built and tested including by myself. unfortunately it is a slow process as with anything security related but dont be put off. I was always taught that if man can make it man can break it ;). This certainly wont be the exception to the r

Yes I see the people trying to fix it. And I also see the payservers following it too. Sky cannot continue to allow the blatent ripping of their content. As I type there must be a hundred Ad's on Ebay offering '£10 Gifts for 12 months'.

When it was a real hobby and googling 'Dreambox' took an hour to find the smallest scrap of information, then things were great. But now there is a tutorial for everything and anyone can sign up to any site, contribute nothing and walk away with all the free info that took a long time to work out. Then sit in their bedroom and make a fortune.

Part of me wants it to end as the fun has gone out of it.

Just my opinion of course ;)

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!