Sound missing on some cable HD channels

There are 62 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 13,453 times. The last Post () by abu baniaz.

• I'm not in Leicester and SSHD is clearing. But some of my HD channels have started not having any sound and some have only got the sound with the extra description. I've pressed the audio button to see what audio options are there. Usually there is the normal one and the descriptive option. But on the ones with no sound there's no options to select under audio and some only have the audio description.

I've tried to do a fresh scan and still getting the same issue. Anyone else had this or know how to fix it?

Thanks

• Official Post

jenseneverest

Could you please give me instructions as to how would i update autobouquet's config file, then do you meen just do another complete scan.

Thanks for any help

I'm on my mobile.....from memory

Menu-service searching -autobouquet maker-settings or config? Update configuration . When that's done update your channel list as normal. A full automatic or blind scan won't help.

Perhaps someone else in front of a TV could give better instructions

• jenseneverest

Could you please give me instructions as to how would i update autobouquet's config file, then do you meen just do another complete scan.

Thanks for any help

Menu/setup/service searching/autobouquetsmaker/update config files and then perform an abm scan.

Above is for open atv but you will see it in autobouquetsmaker,this is not working for everyone as some people are reporting black screens on most channels after this is done so its work in progress

• killed mine,, all channels blank,, now so just heads up.. its pids there new audio carrier pid a52,, diffrent codec, its like the ac3,, was gonna try this first,, then use vlc to find active pids, and change to box.

• Not sure if it is true or not. But I've just read that you have to use oscam after updating the config file. When I go to Menu/setup/service searching. I can't see the AB maker. I've got the plugin installed. But can't see the option to update. Can I update it any other way or get to it another way? When I go to the plugin, it just brings up the areas

killed mine,, all channels blank,, now so just heads up.. its pids there new audio carrier pid a52,, diffrent codec, its like the ac3,, was gonna try this first,, then use vlc to find active pids, and change to box.

• ive found out its not based in boquets so anyone saying channel change will not fix issue,, its codec issue,, virgin is now using A52 , another for of ac3, but codec is diffrent, virgin have updated the name as a52 and no longer named ac3,, so box cannot see ac3 on network thus not using any codec, so stream pics, NAR or No audio,, so , its audio codec thats the issue ,, base in the software,, we need to edit codec file. so say a52 and not ac3,,,

checked pids on vlc player streamed webif, can hear audio spot on, but shows at a52 ,, not ac3,, so stream name, is not being seen by any codec as ac3 was, now virgin has changed the name if certain boxs didnt take the update on originals then they would also have this issue, its just a simple issue, so i have changed audio codec file. to pick a52 im going to test now and if it works il get back to you.

• Official Post

ive found out its not based in boquets so anyone saying channel change will not fix issue,, its codec issue,, virgin is now using A52 , another for of ac3, but codec is diffrent, virgin have updated the name as a52 and no longer named ac3,, so box cannot see ac3 on network thus not using any codec, so stream pics, NAR or No audio,, so , its audio codec thats the issue ,, base in the software,, we need to edit codec file. so say a52 and not ac3,,,

checked pids on vlc player streamed webif, can hear audio spot on, but shows at a52 ,, not ac3,, so stream name, is not being seen by any codec as ac3 was, now virgin has changed the name if certain boxs didnt take the update on originals then they would also have this issue, its just a simple issue, so i have changed audio codec file. to pick a52 im going to test now and if it works il get back to you.

a52 is AC3 is it not ? Where on a e2 box is the audio codec file ? Would it not need compiling ??

• ive found out its not based in boquets so anyone saying channel change will not fix issue,, its codec issue,, virgin is now using A52 , another for of ac3, but codec is diffrent, virgin have updated the name as a52 and no longer named ac3,, so box cannot see ac3 on network thus not using any codec, so stream pics, NAR or No audio,, so , its audio codec thats the issue ,, base in the software,, we need to edit codec file. so say a52 and not ac3,,,

I've tried another to that transcodes from my main boo using a raspberry pi. The channels that didn't have any sound work fine and I haven't updated anything.

Not 100% sure what it means but it says audio stream: fl, fr, fc, lfe, sl, Sr. Ac3 32bits 48000

So still showing ac3. Not sure if that's any use. But thought I'd let you know they are working without any changes on a different box.

• will

update your autobouquet's config file and run a new channel update it's been sorted.

i have latest BH image on vu+duo2, ive updated the config file in ABM....deleted all channels and ran ABM for my area, i have osacm11391 installed already....but all channels are dark, only channel working is sky disney HD....does it have to be a specific oscam ?

• thanks dirtscout, proves audio is being transmitted to the box,, being a electronic engineer we work on fault finding, so we go back from fault and back track ,,, so its deffo 1000% software how the box handles audio codec,, if i plug box in via the video out ports on back.. yellow , red , white,, i get audio from tv its when i use hdmi,, give it a try im using h1,, and i get audio fine from that., so its audio codec to hdmi,,, ac3 a-52 is not being transcoded, tellin me its software as no way its hardware as was working before,,

• for people getting the blank screens after updating abm , press down and the red button for all channels and pick the other hd channel....zgemma h2h

• Official Post

try the attached version One2One i downloaded it off the feeds this morning and repacked for all images.

enigma2-plugin-systemplugins-autobouquetsmaker_2.8+git362+3a932fc-r0_all.ipk

The above will only work on mips boxes on OE alliance images.

Please note this is currently a plaster on the problem, i have seen reports that it messes up mgcamd and that is unable to decrypt once the you have update channels, i can confirm that oscam and ncam are working, sort of.... you can only decrypt one channel at a time with the way things stand.....

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!