im stuck with my solo2

There are 59 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 7,656 times. The last Post () by aa7590.

• good morning , on my personal opinion is better to buy new receiver and u put them for sale spare or repair ebay or others ??

u go spend lots time and money buy chip ?? and maybe at the end get no successful .

hope u can fixed

• good morning , on my personal opinion is better to buy new receiver and u put them for sale spare or repair ebay or others ??

u go spend lots time and money buy chip ?? and maybe at the end get no successful .

hope u can fixed

I sent the others back who I bought from on eBay.

Well the chips are cheap on eBay nand ones i seen then about £2 or £3 I think.

• Are you buying these boxes as spares/repairs? Because that’s 3 boxes you’ve had the same problem.

bo

I’m buying them used from eBay the guys said it doesn’t boot up and needs a flash I tried with usb sticks yesterday and had no luck. Im going to get a pc today of a friend and try with rs-323 if someones willing to help me because I haven’t used rs cable before to flash.

• Official Post

Are you buying these boxes as spares/repairs? Because that’s 3 boxes you’ve had the same problem.

bo

I’m buying them used from eBay the guys said it doesn’t boot up and needs a flash I tried with usb sticks yesterday and had no luck. Im going to get a pc today of a friend and try with rs-323 if someones willing to help me because I haven’t used rs cable before to flash.

As far as im aware you cant flash the genuine box with rs232 (even the clone has a special port for doing it)

The bootloader for the genuine box has also not been released .... ??/

All you could do with rs232 is get a putty bootlog, (it may not even have anything useful in the log or nothing at all)

Check the power supply as suggested by codar

Then look at chip replacement, as at that point you have nothing to lose imho

Most of the stuff on fleabay sold as "unable to flash, dont know how this stuff works" are just failed repair jobs/ botches/junk imho

• Thanks everyone for suggestions I’m just waiting on pc at moment,yes the power has no problem as the blue round light comes on the left but no screen display,does anyone know the procedure of the rs232port?ive got two of these doing the same thing it’s not reading memory stick maybe pc will work if not I’ve had enough lol I’ve been trying past 3 days and my head feeling numb with all info,I will post when pc is here hopefully it works thanks

• Official Post

Can i ask if you know that OpenVpn is installed and running on those Recivers?

If its an original Vu+ there is no way of flashing trough the rs232 port. You can only logon with putty and get some error logs by

typing "Init 4" and then enigma2. The good thing is if you find Plugin OpenVPN running you can stop the service and then get life back in the Solo2

In 950 of 1000 reboots there are no problem with OpenVPN but sometime it can block the whole startup and leave you with a lifless reciver.

Clones can be flashed through the rs232 port and often thats the problem, Clone crapp flashed with original Image and you get stuck with

bootscreen TV ;)

• I don’t know if openvpn is on or off as the box was in a bricked mode when I received it from the guy.

Yes it’s original Vu+ solo2 box and I got another solo2 which is a clone. I can’t check if the openvpn settings is on or off it’s in bricked mode.

• Official Post

If OpenVpn has hanged on boot try to unplugg the Ethernet cable so there is no network then if its OpenVpn thats fucking up the reciver should boot up

or at least go to flashmode

But this problems are 99% clone related

• Official Post

Yes and and i am pretty sure you got your hands on a clone my friend with orginal image in the flash. They end up with this problems

Check this out and see if you can detect your stb

http://www.vuplus-community.ne…ct-solo2-clone-box.16332/

• I think it not a clone box and it’s a genuine Vu I posted a picture of my box here #8 post my box looks exactly the same as genuine. I connected rs-323 wires yesterday and didn’t know what the hell was happening tried running a command init 4 still nothing happened can some experts help me today ? I have tried myself yesterday and could not get anywhere at all.

Thanks.

• Official Post

I think it not a clone box and it’s a genuine Vu I posted a picture of my box here #8 post my box looks exactly the same as genuine. I connected rs-323 wires yesterday and didn’t know what the hell was happening tried running a command init 4 still nothing happened can some experts help me today ? I have tried myself yesterday and could not get anywhere at all.

Thanks.

like i already said, i do not think your going to get anything usefull

i have attached a guide that is in german but it has pictures that makes it pretty simple look at it from page 5

Download putty, use the correct speed and com port

copy and paste the boot log to the forum and we can have a look

Loggen mit Telnet und Putty.pdf

• I gave up on this had enough off Vus+ to much stress I’m packing them back up now probably will try again in another year or so anyway. Thanks all you guys for the help and all your comments really appreciated fantastic,

• Are you selling the box/s you have nitro? would,nt mind a crack at it meself..does anyone know if the chips are read/write protected? in saying that if they are as cheap as nitro says there may be no point except to replace.

• Hi johndeere88 nah I’m not selling them I purchased them really cheap from eBay to use in my living room & use one in my room to but they never booted up I tried everything I could think of had 0 luck. Yh I saw the nand chip on eBay but I think that’s probably the wrong chip I saw. Also I found this video on YT for clone I seen the video tried that method to but didn’t work Vus+ are bad luck for me I might just buy another one used from bay but not a red dead light one.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Nl4ItANGkRk

• Hi johndeere88 nah I’m not selling them I purchased them really cheap from eBay to use in my living room & use one in my room to but they never booted up I tried everything I could think of had 0 luck.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Nl4ItANGkRk

This is what happens if you buy other peoples problems, not a good idea if you have limited experience i have to say but its your money !

I was only trying to help and get a good home for them,which i assume you have a few? ahh well good luck with your doorstoppers haha.

I am only kidding but you should learn from this, dont waste money buying equipment you cant fix and believing forums are the answer, if this was the case every tom dick and harry would be doing it.... buy a box that works....

Btw VU+ boxes are about the best going.

• Yeah I got a few bricked ones they all don’t work the display digital doesn’t come on though if I have no luck on them I will just sell again as spares or repairs or just throw them in the recycling bins. Yh I know that the Vus+ are the best on the market and zgemmas must be the second ones.

VU+ SOLO 2 PVR Ready Linux Enigma2 Receiver Full HD 1080p

Download VUPlus Images and Enigma2 Team Support from Black Hole, OpenATV, OpenBH, Open Black Hole, OpenDroid, OpenESi, OpenHDF, OpenLD, OpenPLi, OpenSPA, OpenViX, Open Vision, PKT Hyperion, PurE2, SatDreamGR, VTi.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!